College Factual Ranks UH Music School #1

WOW!!!

5 Likes

This is awesome. North Texas got ranked 13th and we beat out UTA and TT for best in Texas. Michigan State was after us. It’s great to see multiple programs getting the recognition they deserve as #1

1 Like

Wow. This is impressive.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this great news Ryan.

It’s very interesting that Rice University 's music school is ranked in the top 100 and fifth in Texas behind University of Houston and University of Texas.

I’m so proud of our school in so many ways!

3 Likes

Go Coogs!

1 Like

Hey vancouvercoog, I live in Calgary, we are almost neighbours!
Peggy

2 Likes

Take off, you Hosers! Haha.

1 Like

Hi Peggy. Yes, I’m not that far from you. How do you like it there? Cheers

Hi vanCoog,

I love it here in Calgary BUT I would prefer to
live in Vancouver as it’s a beautiful city with ocean and mountains. My daughter studies at UBC so we visit often!

I am a Canadian citizen by birth and also naturalized US Citizen. I lived in Houston for 25 years and of course have my degrees from our UH.

What is your story and how did you end up in Vancouver?

Peggy

Curious about Calgary . . . . . Solo Trumpet player in Calgary Symphony ( at least a few year back ) was top Trumpet player at UH around 67-69 ish. Was my neighbor around '58, 59. Do you know him ? ? ? ? ?

Hi Ben,

What a small world! I do not personally know Howard Engstrom but I do know of him as he is highly regarded here in Calgary. I have been known to attend symphony because our neighbour is a world renowned pianist and we would attend his concerts with the Calgary Philharmonic.

News article stated he retired in 2016. Has been teaching at the college level for 36 plus years.

Interestingly, in 2012 he married someone he knew from his days at the University of Houston! I believe they still live here in Calgary.

I didn’t know he was a UH grad! Thanks for this!

1 Like