Colorado football culture (who would have thought)

Notice bigdaddy hadn’t come back yet… Must have gone into the house

1 Like

lol, I can’t stop laughing at you guys…for those of you that haven’t met me I’m black as hell…born black, gonna die the same way. Grew up between D.C., Queens (Hollis/Jamaica) NY, and Houston. I stated my opinion, sorry if you guys didn’t like it. Actually me and my maternal uncle are the only ones in my family not to attend an HBCU. When my dad graduated from Booker T Washington (HISD) in the 50’s he said the University of Houston wouldn’t even accept an application from a BTW senior…actually the opinion I expressed was was presented by two other black commentators at ESPN…again you guys are a real hoot

2 Likes

I’m confused as to what point you’re trying to make. Per the article - Deion is punishing players for acting up in class.

How is this a bad thing?

The point I was making is that the professor that contacted Deion had clearly not had any problems of that nature before Deion came to campus. We know that because he said so. My opinion was simply the culture that has emerged will become increasingly less tolerated if Deion dosen’t win soon and consistently, that’s all. As a reference, complaints about the culture Deion brought to Colorado began as soon as his first loss of the season last year, check their message boards.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s been discussed, but knowing the type of coach the Deion is, I am highly positive he’s going to address the situation.

Deion is a no tolerance coach. Just watch the video of how mad he got with players using their phones in the locker room.

Regardless, nobody has cared about CU football until Deion showed up. Of course the roster is going to demographically change when you now have athletes who actually care about the on-field product and aren’t just there to attend a prestigious, majority white, public university.

Is there going to be instances of ego? Sure there is. They’re athletes. They are the frontpage of the university…

2 Likes

From what I gather, some of the Colorado players are full of themselves. Coach Prime is an old school coach who focuses on discipline. He called out some of his players in post game pressers last year. If Colorado has some players that don’t get it after being disciplined, I think Coach Prime will tell them to look elsewhere.

His sons chief among them…

1 Like

With some of these players making more than their professors in pay, many will have attitudes since they got the money so easy when this young (more entitled). Not specifically a Colorado problem, but just newer to them as Sanders lifted the recruiting to higher levels. His personality may attract some more players with that attitude but he will probably get better at screening them if he really wants to (I assume he does).

1 Like

Just because you’re black and have the same opinion as two black clowns on ESPN, it doesn’t make your opinion right.

2 Likes

ISWYDT

2 Likes

Yeah you can still FOH… go shuck and jive somewhere else

1 Like

From one Black Coog to apparently another, stop with the buckdancing. All you’re doing is giving ammo to people who don’t need to have it.

2 Likes

Conjecture on your part.

Perhaps it’s the first time a professor felt he could tell a coach and he would take care of it?

Your dislike of Prime is showing

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more

Football players rarely go to class, but being disruptive and impairing class as these professors claim is not right. Deon did the right thing.