Colorado football culture (who would have thought)

I don’t know what they thought they were getting when they hired Deion, or when Lil’ Wayne led the team on the field. Motivational speeches from Da Baby? Read the article, check out the youtube video. Deion better win big, soon, and consistently. The powers that be and the serious students in Boulder won’t put up with this forever, nor will they allow the campus culture there to be transformed to that of an HBCU.

1 Like

Wait he ripped and called out players for being problems in class? I don’t like Deion but isn’t that what we want to encourage? Good students and athletes?.

Can’t have too many of “those folks” with their loud hippity hops running around ruining proper cultures

27 Likes

Instead of focusing on star rating and football ability, perhaps Coach Prime needs to include discipline, maturity and academic performance in his evaluation of players. That shrinks his recruiting universe of players. At the very least, the AD needs to review Coach Prime’s process for holding players academically accountable.

1 Like

Ticket sales and overall buy-in increased at Colorado tenfold

Colorado admins did their job by hiring Deion.

2 Likes

Thank you.

The 50 percent increase in applications alone probably paid Coach Prime’s salary.

Based on what I have seen and heard, Deion Sanders is an A+ human being. Other coaches love him.

I just think the OP is one of those sorts of people who probably calls the cops on certain types of neighbors who play loud music, wanted to keep CDH around forever, and misses the days where there was no NIL and coaches could cut players for any reason.

7 Likes

You just the know the phrase, “I’m not a racist, but…” Has been spoken before.

12 Likes

Ha, yep. I am waiting for his response calling us names.

As my mother would say, “the reason why he got so mad is because he knows its true.”

2 Likes

The OP’s opinion couldn’t be more wrong

2 Likes

Good for Deion. My only surprise was that the players had any interaction with the professors.

Can you image the news reports out of College Station had Manziel actually gone to a class. I picture him sitting there with beer in hand disrupting everything.

I imagine several of the big name schools probably never have a player go to class. Ohio St QB - We didn’t come here to play no school…

(PS. It was posted that Manziel only had online classes from A&M sources.)

1 Like

What exactly does that mean?

5 Likes

Exactly what you think it means

8 Likes

All great coaches share two characteristics: They are highly organized; and they articulate their organization with simplicity. I saw a documentary on Saban. I was awed by his handle on football operations. (When he was HC for Miami) Everyone rowing the same direction. Nothing catching him by surprise. If you were doing what he asked he engaged you with courtesy. If you weren’t he seared through you like a blowtorch.

I just don’t think Deion has that level of detail. Not many do. He might learn it. But this level of competition is unforgiving.

1 Like

You are from Texas, you know exactly what it means …

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/remadnakxan/status/1777065019009564799?s=46&t=z7Bq1jehR9A0LPAQrWcocA

Agree with you and knowing to delegates with a common “path” Interesting you posted this. This is exactly the same impression that I am getting from HCWF.

Deion is an amazing recruiter. Time will tell if he can coach at the same level.

I would give a Penny for thoughts on this…

2 Likes

I’m a bit embarrassed by some of the things
said in this thread.

2 Likes

From everything I’ve read and heard about Deion is this isn’t the type of “culture” he embraces. He is pretty old school with his core principles. He has only been there a year, they got a lot of publicity. Some of the athletes may have gotten a bit of a big head but I’m under the belief he will get it reigned in

3 Likes

Deion was a workaholic. He trained a la Jerry Rice. This is why he is a HOF.

Glad I’m not the only one that had pause with the HBCU comment. Like, huh!??

2 Likes