Coog Scandal

Which will live in the most infamy?

LOL

• “The Bite”
  • “Trashing Tuscaloosa”
  • “One Small Step for Mankind (Aubrey Coleman on Budinger)

0 voters

“Temple Tie Toss Technical”

21 Likes

Lock thread. Destroy tape.

8 Likes

Kris Haynes coming down inbounds in the 1979 Cotton Bowl.

Nothing since has reached that level. The Guinness commercial re-opened the wound.

11 Likes

The tie needs to come back. Such an icon should not be given up. I know coach is more comfortable in a polo, so am I, but the “when did the tie come off” talk gives us a good deal of exposure. And it gets the fans revved up, like we need it.

2 Likes

Left out the time Tom Penders got a technical foul because he collapsed and had to be taken off court on a stretcher in the middle of the game.

23 Likes

Darrell Shepherd’s car being parked in Coach Yeoman’s parking spot.

That was some fireworks.

2 Likes

It was like Guy V. Lewis and the polka dot towel.

6 Likes

The tie didn’t have the jumpman logo on it…

1 Like

I left off Penders’ “Heart Attack Technical”

4 Likes

The Audrey Coleman thing was so overhyped and IMHO BS complete with a doctored video by ESPN…just another reason in long list of why EPSN can F right off.

2 Likes

Was that a “Coog Scandal” or just one of the worst bits of officiating ever?

1 Like

actually had a buddy at work who is a college Bball fan comment about this on Monday.

he just said “man did you see that Shead kid picking up the trash after the game? what a class act”. he didn’t even comment negatively on the fact that we kicked it over. just said it was an intense game and it was a non story.

4 Likes

Lest we not forget the rumble in the tropics…the fight(s) with Hawaii after the bowl game.
—OR—
The Oregon Duck v Shasta
—OR—
BleacherGate

** ** ** the scandals we’re still paying for are many

4 Likes

Oh yeah. I’d really like someone to take the duck out… Really, I’d like someone take the kid that was in the duck outfit out. You’re having a football game and he pulls that kind of thing.

Coog scandal(s)that we are still paying for?

The great satan and atm conspiring with the ncaa to get us on probation thus killing any momentum when we were a National powerhouse.

I will add Andre’s Heisman trophy run when the same “maggots” did everything that they could for Andre to not get it. They did succeed when David was shut down for the Heisman. Some might say schools do not get it two years in a row. bama sure did this year.

1 Like

That ref should never work again.

4 Likes

Could be arranged, I’m sure.

BleacherGate beats all of those, and it’s not even close. I know that’s football, but no one cares about the others a few months later. I do see the Jarreau one referenced from time to time.

2 Likes

Found an article about that game, even they criticized the refs.

1 Like