Coogs lose at SMU, UConn, Tulsa then Wichita State in 1st round of AAC Tourney -- 8 straight losses

Angela Harris left during the summer. She graduated. She wasn’t returning.

Jasmyne Harris left in November. Based on her sudden departure, she probably shouldn’t have been allowed to return to the team after not playing since January 2019.

The 2017-'18 had a winning record; but, many of those wins were not against top 50 teams.

1 Like

At some point, the team needs to show a pulse. I mean there were a few games there when we only scored 2 points in a quarter!

1 Like

Imo, we should have made a coaching change at the end of this season.

Well, there has to be some progress this season…

I think it’s just a matter of waiting out Hughey’s contract extension. Why he ever got one is beyond me. When is the last we beat a ranked team?

1 Like

Well it does appear that there are several transfers that sat out last season and a few decent recruits coming in. Let’s see what next year brings as a couple are 6’0".

It seems like we have had the same false hope for years…if they are truly talented then he needs to coach them up…I hope he and the Lady Coogs have a great year, but I just can’t convince myself of that…We have had too many problems with his recruits…and it don’t work well for the program when they abruptly leave or get kicked off the team

2 Likes

It seemed like some of the recruits were highly touted. I remember a 4* out of Lufkin but I’m not sure if she ever played. Maybe he’s having to take risks to put together a class and they often don’t work out.

And there’s Laila Blair a four star in this year’s class out of Waller HS.

We do need an upgrade in coach. New coach would have a cornerstone in Blair. I think she is the real deal.

I agree with Tri…,Jazz Harris had as much talent as anyone to come through here in a while but things obviously went the wrong direction with her. As I said before Jazz had a terrible attitude at Brazosport but the coach there kept her in check
The Lufkin player got into an altercation with another player, Have no idea if she played anywhere

She is at OKS, averaged 17.6 ppg and 12.9 rb per game: will be a senior next year. Still can’t find any info on Starr Jones, it’s if she vanished from the face of the earth after arriving on campus…

1 Like

A shame it didn’t work out here for either

Damn those are monster numbers.