Coogs open as favorite

The line is set to draw money to both sides of the bet. which is why it had moved. The sports books don’t want to have any exposure whether it’s Bama vs Vandy or UH vs SMU. The initial line probably tries to gauge bettor interest hoping half will bet one way and half the other. I wouldn’t want that job.

I’ve known two guys that worked for sports betting odds operations in Vegas (Stardust and Sands)They were both from Philadelphia, neither went to college, and both smart as Hell.

Back in the semi-old days (80’s/90’s) that profession was passed down from father to son and on and on.

What is “impressive” about UH’s offense stats (and not in a good way) is that we’ve played two games so far year in which we scored a total of zero points in the second half. (Tech & ECU). :warning:

Apparently, Vegas didn’t talk to all of the Coogs in here that are predicting UH to get blown out by SMU… What does Vegas know anyway?

1 Like

Currently ESPN’s FPI is almost exactly 50/50. Most other computers are close to that as well.

Coogs currently -1 on the site I visit. Was pick ‘em yesterday. Gonna wait on this one.