Coogs open as favorite

-4 coogs. Already down to -1

ESPN has it as a 49.9 to 50.1 on the FPI predictor

2 Likes

I would prefer to be the underdog.

8 Likes

Me too. Surprised by the opening line.I think SMU has earned the right to be favorites

3 Likes

The lines I saw opened with SMOO as a 1 point favorite.

Lines are set to draw money to both sides of the bet. The lines move as often as it takes to get there.

I noticed during the last Smoo game espn gave them a 45% chance to beat us. Caught me by surprise.

We’re better than some of our fans seem to think. :muscle:

5 Likes

Vegas Insider is where I get my info. It shows opening and movement.

I have no idea how UH is favored in this game but really wish they weren’t.

3 Likes

If Tulane didn’t play such a pathetic game he they would have taken SMU down to the wire. It was a comedy of self-inflicted errors and looked like a team that has cashed in the season.

Just like we may be vulnerable against an offense who can score on our D, SMU is vulnerable against a D who can slow down their offense

2 Likes

Please don’t say SMU isn’t great. This is going to cause the Dana-haters to move the goalposts again.

“Well, SMU was good on paper but…”

3 Likes

I think Tulsa and ECU are going to end up above .500. SMU obviously will. I think this would easily be the highest quality win that Holgorsen has on his UH resume if UH wins this weekend.

2 Likes

Cannot believe SMU is not at least a 4 point favorite. I hope the oddsmakers are onto something, though.

2 Likes

We’re going to beat SMU like a drum. A fancy trust-funded drum

3 Likes

Would honestly prefer to be the underdog. Smoo doesn’t need any extra help in this game. Is SMU’s defense any good this year?

If we come out play like the team that obliterated tulsa on the road we will win.

2 Likes

SMU’s got some low (bad) defensive rankings

2 Likes

ECU didn’t have impressive defensive stats either
This will be an emotionally driven game and should be a dandy

1 Like

Wait until Holgy haters find out he is a possible candidate at TeeTee lol

1 Like

What is really awesome about our point rankings is that it shows we play complimentary football with defense and special teams supporting the offense.