Coogs up to #3 AP

You’re absolutely right. I’ve followed the program consistently since the Brooks years which weren’t so good. Year after year, I felt the disappointment of not even sniffing the NIT. I saw these other schools winning NCAA tourney games and couldn’t understand why it wasn’t UH. It feels so good watching this program succeed the way it is. The Sampsons rock!

2 Likes

My biggest concern about UConn is the Big East is quite down. The only other team I think has a chance to reach second weekend is Marquette and those two haven’t played yet.

The Big 12 has TEN teams in NET top 40. The East has 3. And the bottom of the Big East is awful. DePaul’s NET is worse than anyone on our schedule. Yes, Stetson, ULM, Aggy Island > DePaul. And Georgetown is about 40 spots lower than WVU.

3 Likes

download (6)

2 Likes

https://collegepolltracker.com/

Mccullers being hurt kills them.

As problems go, having a target on your back due to high rankings is not as bad as all that.

2 Likes

Yep there is where it shows what all the individuals voters ranked the teams. In that showing, no one has UConn ranked #5 or Iowa State unranked…although it looks like one voter didn’t vote

Concur on the first two, dissent on the last two.

Zona and Tennessee haven’t looked like Natty contenders when I’ve seen them play on TV this season.

UH has a better shot than both of those two.

3 Likes

I get it now. I didn’t put the rhyming together at first.

It is crazy to me how bi-polar Kansas is this year depending on home or road. Yes, I know they were missing McCullar and McDowell last night. But they were missing those same 2 players this weekend when they beat a very good Baylor team in Lawrence. I also don’t think McCullar (and certainly not McDowell) account for a 29 point demolition by Texas Tech. Kansas just is not a good team on the road and now I’m incredibly suspicious of their success at home this year. The disparity is too great to make any sense.

1 Like

The other thing about KU is that they almost lost to TCU at home, and with Baylor, they beat them by only 3 at the “mighty” Phog. The Coogs demolished all of their home opponents.

1 Like

Yeah, they do get some crazy good home cooking at home. They should have lost to TCU if not for a HORRIBLE flagrant right at the end. When they beat us they shot like 60% and couldn’t miss. That was a ridiculous game

1 Like

70%

1 Like