Looks like 2 in Coaches Poll.

5 Likes

Got 3 first place votes in AP.

4 Likes

Wow, I didn’t expect this.

2 Likes

Neither did I.

4 Likes

Lets fill up Fertitta on Wednesday v. Rice. That’s what top Big 12 programs do every game!

19 Likes

Rankings this early don’t matter, unless we’re number 3! Yea, suck it naysayers.

4 Likes

Ick. I don’t like being #1. Getting those Race for Your Life Charlie Brown vibes. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I’ll be there and bring more with me.

Go Coogs!!

1 Like

I don’t care for the polls, especially this time of year. The only “poll” I think is important is the one that seeds “The Dance”. But, having said that, how does Kansas sit ahead of UH with 1 loss already?

5 Likes

I think polls are great and when you are consistently in the top ten kids see that you are legit.

You could argue that next to sending guys to the league( which we have really started to do now) being ranked along with doing well in the NCAA’s are what kids look at the most.

7 Likes

Why? Marquette lost, UConn lost, Purdue lost I figured we’d be 3

1 Like

Same I don’t like being #1, target on your back every game until you loose

3 Likes

Want to be top 20 all year but never No 1

2 Likes

Yeah sounds dumb, but we hit #1 last year and lost that quickly. I’m good top 5 season long

1 Like

Dave Borges put us at 6. Year in Year out he seems to always vote us way below everyone else.

1 Like

I’m more concerned on how he has Purdue at 2, Colorado State at 8, and TCU at 24 when the description for the win against Georgetown is lucky

1 Like

Wow James Madison #18. Their athletics are on the map lately

1 Like

You don’t think we have a target on our backs being ranked 3?

3 Likes