Cougars - Rockets

He doesn’t want to coach NBA…

He cements his HOF career with natties here on Cullen…

The year the Rockets lost in the 1st round to Portland and UH hired CKS he left the Rockets before the playoffs…

The defense was MARKEDLY WORSE immediately even though he had coached them all year…

I believe they did listen and respect him…

Well said.

Like you said, it is not all about age.

They should have been able to improve this year by 9-12 wins.

Their defense is beyond pathetic….even if your rotations are not perfect you can still be aggressive and play as hard as you can on defense….teams, even in the NBA take on the personality of their coach.( why do you think our Coogs plays like they are full of piss and vinegar? )

When the Rockets get punched in the mouth, they don’t punch back….they cower down and ask for another.

Silas appears to be a nice guy and maybe he could be successful with a veteran team……but these kids need someone that can build relationships with them first….then kick them in the ass and they will respond.

2 Likes

Our players are coached to lose because the front office wants to tank

:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

This would be a tight game because the Cougars actually play defense. Watching the Rockets is like watching a pick-up game at the Y.

2 Likes

I hope that was just way of being funny . :thinking:

1 Like

We can delete this thread now :pensive:

1 Like

We educated don’t use base terms like “rude”.

Try “overtly disrespectful”

We can’t have the elitists continue to look down upon us.

If you have a BS degree, use your BS :nerd_face:

I 1k% know our team could beat the rockets just need more conditioning for the longer quarters.

Rockets would win by 25-35 points, easily.

Not even close.

No chance. I think it would be way closer. They are much better individually but we play like a team and we play tough defense!

1 Like

Agree. Tell the Coogs they’re playing on the road and they win by like 12

1 Like

I love my Coogs man, but we got to be realistic.

Rockets are all NBA ready players. 48 minute game with a 24 second shot clock.

Half the guys in the Coog starting lineup would not even see the bench on an NBA roster, let alone start.

Who is going to guard Green? Sengun? Smith? KPJ?

Walker can guard Smith, Sengun too, and Shedd could be serviceable against KPJ, but Green would light him up for 45 easily. Sengun is such a great passer that he is hitting Smith or Green for threes if he is doubled.

I would put Sasser on Green to shut him down

How did this turn into who would win? :saluting_face:

What kind of a game is it? If its a 4 quarter NBA officiated it would get seriously ugly. If it was a 2 half 40 minutes college game with college officiating we could maybe keep it under 20. Rule set would help us slow the game down.

We’re a better team and at the same ages

The reason they’re losing is because theyre inconsistent. If they were as hard to beat as other teams they would have a better record.

None of those guys except según would make me worry. Coach is right. Some players aren’t ready even when they get drafted. And most of the good teams are much older and more physical. I think Coogs win out every 2/3 games

1 Like