Covid and flu shot combo?

Pfizer, BioNTech Begin Early-Stage Study On COVID-19-Influenza Combination Vaccine

Reuters Share to FacebookShare to Twitter (11/3, Satija) reports Pfizer and partner BioNTech “have started an early-stage study to evaluate a combination vaccine targeting COVID-19 and influenza, the companies said on Thursday.” This “single-dose vaccine candidate is a combination of Pfizer’s mRNA-based flu shot and the companies’ Omicron-tailored” bivalent “COVID-19 booster shot.”

The Hill Share to FacebookShare to Twitter (11/3, Choi) reports, “The study includes 180 adults between the ages of 18 and 64,” and “participants received their first doses of the vaccine candidate this week.”

Older people get Fluzone or equivalent, which is a more potent regular flu dosage.

I got both shots the same day and I’m still an a$$hole, so no side effects for me.

4 Likes

Dang maybe I will get one then, I was afraid I would lose my edge.

1 Like

Like me, you have no worries regarding that.

2 Likes

All the doctors I’ve spoken to have said it’s fine as long as you didn’t have adverse reactions the first times individually.

I had both at the same time. Flu shot, no reaction. COVID booster, little sore for a couple of days.

2 Likes

Same here

They are combining both into one shot. So if this works out it will be one shot that has both vaccine’s. One less jab.

True