Crappy Jordan Sneakers

Second time Crappy Jordan’s have cost us a national championship. Need some real American made Jordan’s, not these fake stuff made China.

Angle at which Shead twisted his ankle could have been mitigated by a well built shoe.

How many broken feet have we hard because these crappy shoes we get don’t hold up to the speed and tenacity we play with…

4 Likes

i thought maybe the same thing. Low top shoes partially to blame?

5 Likes

Basketball players should wear mid/high top shoes. Looked like Shead was wearing low tops?

3 Likes

This is not the reason, is this thread serious?

10 Likes

I played ball in the nineties and we wore mid high shoes and ankle braces, we still got ankle injuries, but we looked like we took our safety seriously, I found some ankle braces on Amazon and will email Kelvin the link.

3 Likes

You can still roll your ankle in mids or highs, especially landing funny

3 Likes

Some of you… I swear to bleeping bleep bleep! Shead turned his ankle because his momentum was headed to the right when he took his last step, before the jump, mid step he decided to angle more towards the rim so he pointed his foot in, to the left, to push in that direction when he got ready to jump. Simple physics did the rest.

6 Likes

Man those crappy shoes also affected our fts, and offense. Damn those shoes!

7 Likes

Radio also said during the game they could see that there was a wet spot on the floor right before Shead went down in that same spot.

Wet spot on the floor, I believe that’s how Sasser hurt his groin late last year

3 Likes

To add to this thread there was a twitter post of Khators today and she was wearing what looked like Adidas (3 stripes) Perhaps a change is coming?

1 Like

Good lord… bffr

I’ve heard we are in talks to be a Chuck Taylor school.

5 Likes

OK you’ve posted this like 10 times, we get it.

1 Like

I don’t think it was Jordan shoes by I don’t care a wit about the Jordan brand.

Hopefully…

The Nike designs for nearly ALL our athletics’ teams are pretty forgetful & uninspiring (except for the Retro basketball unis & the Luv Ya Blue jerseys for football that we can’t use anymore).

I wouldn’t mind giving a different brand a chance at re-designing some of our athletics uniforms.

Side Note: I noticed that PUMA doesn’t seem to be in College Basketball & Football…being one of my favorite brands, I’m curious what they could offer in the Collegiate space.

2 Likes

I dunno. Ive been UNDERWHELMED by the Jordan brand. We had better stuff with Adidas.

Do some of you believe they make shoes you can’t roll your ankle in? And that our players aren’t getting to wear such shoes?
Coogfans you have out done yourselves- brilliant!

4 Likes

I would have thought the guys get their ankles taped…

Plus if we go puma we can get all our gear at Ross

10 Likes