Culture

Only in Houston do you lose a game and excitement wanes. Some teams have been losing for years and still manage to pack their stadiums with fans.

2 Likes

Agreed.

He did not say what players may be or are outā€¦.other than Parish which everyone already new.

Iā€™m hoping we get Campbell back and any injured players on the line.

He did mention that a starter last week did not play because he was not doing things the right way off the fieldā€¦ā€¦ was hoping the kid made better decisions and that when he showed that , he would be back out thereā€¦ā€¦so what starter was not out there last week?
Was it number 10? That is just a guessā€¦.does anyone know?

Get out of my head. I have been thinking about this since the Kansas game. This yearā€™s team seems average across the board despite some nice players in some key spots. Not high intensity. Not disciplined when it comes to penalties especially on defense on 3rd down. Not outstanding at special teams (although the punter has been solid). Not high octane on offense but also not a effective strong running attack.

Do they lack an emotional leader?
Do they lack individual accountability/ passion?

The players are usually a reflection of their coach and we know Dana is highly emotional and intense but I donā€™t see it on the field with the players.

Itā€™s just strange to me. They seem to be going through the motions with no intensity. And I donā€™t mean that as a criticism. Maybe I am reading too much into it. Maybe the expectations were too high and I am trying to reconcile that to the first 4 games performance. I donā€™t know.

Itā€™s not too late to salvage some of the season but the injuries are mounting.

2 Likes

And how long did it take to start talking ā€œcultureā€ in hoops.

1 Like

We need to grow up as a fanbase. Iā€™m there no matter what

Weā€™re p5 so letā€™s act like they do. A&M had 0ver 100k after the apple st loss.

6 Likes

Having a basketball coach tell football players to man up says everything.

13 Likes

Do the U of H fans treat their teams like a professional team(s)? The question has to be asked.
Our student athletes are not paid.
Do they deserve our unconditional support?
Of course they do.

3 Likes

Nwankwo was held out due to disciplinary reasons. Parish is out. Mutin is out. Owens is out. Robinson is out. Thatā€™s 5 players who were either out the entire game or at least the 2nd half. Is it any wonder our D struggled? I think Parish, Mutin, Owens, and Robinson are out for the season, but I may be wrong on Mutin and Owens.

I think Manjack will be out with a broken hand according to other posts. Paul left with an injury, but donā€™t know how serious. I donā€™t know the status of Campbell, but we definitely need help at RB.

Basically, the team we projected to win the AAC and possibly go undefeated is not the team we had available for a couple of games, nor will it be for the rest of the season. We just need to see how far we can go with the players we do have available.

1 Like

We beat a HIGHLY energetic and intense team on the road in UTSA. Was I disappointed we didnā€™t seem to match it? No, we won, that is all that matters.

2 Likes

They are now.

3 Likes

Based on Danaā€™s comments last night on his show it sounds like Mutin should be back, if not this week then soon. I dont know about the rest

1 Like

Our opponents are 10-5 after 4 games.

We can still do good things, we just need to make some adjustments.

imo

1 Like

Campbell is playing

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1575286218195177475?s=46&t=LhmWC5r62mA1vKI114NG0w

5 Likes

Tech lost to NC State.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good news!

1 Like

They are paid now

You canā€™t compare them to pros. They are still getting peanuts.
Pros making $100kā€™s to $Mā€™s and not producing ARE accountable. Student athletes are accountable too but they do not compare to pros.

1 Like

I didnā€™t compare them to pros. I just said they are paid.

Silly me. I thought UH had 85 players.

UH has 85 scholarship players and 20 walk-ons. What UH doesnā€™t have is 85 starters or 85 guys of equal ability and experience. If you think all players are the same and itā€™s just plug and play, you are wrong. Thereā€™s a reason some of the guys are starters and some are back-ups and when starters go down, so does the play of the team in almost all cases. We arenā€™t Alabama that can replace a 4 or 5 star player with another 4 or 5 star player. But I am sure you know that, but it doesnā€™t fit your narrative.

3 Likes