Current Roster

Looking at the current roster, I see we have 12 players on BB schollys ( I trust that Grant is still on a scholly).

We have 2 walk ons, Broodo and Van Beck’s brother.

Am I correct ?

Right. Here’s my current info:

2 Likes

missing st louis on the non-con

alley is technically a freshmen
but everything else is on point

2 Likes

By the way, here’s a comparison of the last 18 years, broken down by coach. (I don’t have the info for Drexler and Brooks, but I am sure those seasons would resemble the McCallum/Dickey era using the same metrics.)

You’ll note that Sampson’s 3rd year eclipsed all the other seasons on the list in each category, as did his 4th year.

1 Like

The current roster indicated that Goesling is a RS Jr.

That surprised me as I thought he only had a year left.

Gotta be a misprint, because when you read his bio he has been in college 4 years and played 3.

Some of your info is wrong.

So Grant is back…good.

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/m-baskbl-roster-mtt.html

current roster is announced

Is the younger Van Beck on scholarship?

Landon Goesling has two years to play. He’s a rs jr.

That is what the roster indicates. The HC story when he signed said he had one year left. Thus the confusion.

Actually do not know, but I doubt it. If not, maybe he can earn a scholly lke his brother did.

he has definitely played 3 full years…he should only have one year

the mix up might be that he can redshirt if he wanted (maybe) his redshirt year was a medical redshirt…

the only way he might have 2 year is if you automatically get a “6th year” no matter what happens in a medical redshirt, and honestly that makes no sense
… if you played 3 season w/out redshirting, get injured before the start of your senior season and get a medical redshirt, that doesnt mean you should get 2 senior seasons…thats the only way he has 2

Does it have anything to do with him being Division II and moving back to I?

They’re listing Broodo as a Center. Interesting. He’s only 6-7 but according to the strength coach he’s really bulked up. YOu could see it happening last year.