Daily cougar quote

“O-line is who the finger gets pointed at just because everything starts right there up front,” Holgorsen said. “The reality is that we didn’t block anywhere … I don’t think we have five guys up front that can just dominate and play the entire game. They’ve never shown me that.”

Year 3.

2 Likes

…and who exactly recruited them? And who coaches them?
GO COOGS!!

3 Likes

Is this quote real?
Please confirm.

Unreal. Way too much throwing players under the bus.

3 Likes

Please confirm that this quote is true. Ian please copy article if permitted.

Gross. Any leader who doesn’t take ownership and blames his front line guys is destined to fail.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Three of the starting OL are seniors. Russey is a grad transfer from La Tech. Left guard, Murphy, is a RS Senior. Right tackle, Bardwell, is a senior.

Patrick Paul is a RS Freshman who started the last three games of 2019 and then the first two last year before suffering a season-ending injury. Now he’s back as a starter at LT.

All of the backups are freshmen and sophomores. Brandon Jones was named Co-Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line coach at Houston on Jan. 11, 2019 after two seasons as offensive line coach at Texas Tech.

1 Like

Thank you Randy.
Ok

Thanks for the link. Not the way I chose or was trained to lead troops but each his own. Think maybe his way to challenge the o-line group…risky at best, disastrous at worst. Buck stops at the top

2 Likes

Nice. Our coach can’t take responsibility for squat. It’s his offensive scheme that sucks. There’s plentybifvv be talent the o-line. And to think he’s sticking with Tune at QB after the same performance we’ve seen to and time again. I’m done with Dana. I’ll still support the team but I’m officially off the Dana train.

11 Likes

Does Holgie post on coogfans? That’s straight out of a poster, not very coach like.

3 Likes

I heard about this yesterday and still can’t believe he said it. Talk about throwing your players under the bus. A leader doesn’t say things like this.

10 Likes

For all his faults, even Tom Herman fed his O-Line steaks and flew them first class. Always gave them lots of love.

8 Likes

So. Brandon Jones is definitely getting fired this season. Yikes. What a cluster.

3 Likes

We never have and never will get 4-5 star OL. That’s the reason we always do better qbs who can scramble and have great pocket presence like Case, Ward and King

7 Likes

Sounds like time for the OC to get creative with blocking schemes and QB movement.

3 Likes

Then design some damn plays where your quarterback rolls out, bootlegs,something other than dropping back and getting crushed…

6 Likes

He also said he took blame for second half.

Well said.