Damian Dunn commits to UH Coogs

This is dope :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Haha. Even this 63 y.o. is catching on when the young ones say " Dope" . :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Fantastic recruit, very happy with this transfer.

34.8% from 3 last year.

A good off season and quality time with Kellen should bump that number up!

I think TA is prob a legit 6’6” and could potentially play small ball 4. Only works if we have a legit big man in the middle at the 5. He cannot play small ball 4, next to Roberts at the 5.

2 Likes

Also dope.

Maybe the Chronicle thinks they’re similar too haha

Which they’re not…

3 Likes

In our loss to Temple this year, he led all scorers with 16 points and chipped in 4 rebounds and 3 assists.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Coog family Damian! We are looking forward to seeing you have a great career here.

9 Likes

“Damian Dunn is a perfect fit in Houston.”

4 Likes

Here’s a recap from last season on what CKS sees in Damian Dunn to help inform some observations/speculation of how he might fit here at UH.

Link:

2 Likes

His ability to get to the line will be huge for us. Great pick up! Whose next?

5 Likes

We’ll see. Thats a tough defensive assignment. Help down low and flash out to defend the three.

Boom!! Big time get!

That’s what he’s here to do. Be a playmaker. Jarace was a playmaker. That’s not concerning in the slightest.

6 Likes

I really like the fact that he is a sophomore. I also think that he could be our sixth man and TA would start after going through another offseason in the program.

1 Like

I like confidence in my players. We’ll see who steps up.

2 Likes

With what is sure to be a grind next season, adding more playable depth is a must to cover for injury and lessen minutes that hopefully leads to less injuries.

3 Likes

Groovy… 73 y/o

4 Likes

Love this pickup. He has experience and really shoot. Loved Mark but this kid is a better shooter and will get to the line more. Time will tell if his defense can be as good.

4 Likes

2 Likes