Dana Holgorsen Appreciation Thread

It’s a strategy that might have worked in 1959 but not 2019. And now would be completely unthinkable thanks to the portal.

1 Like

Many of you may not realize the depth of love and appreciation he has for his players. I’m not here to blow any sunshine to those that never liked him. He was a huge advocate for Derek when his season ended. Made sure Alton was taken care of after his injury. I will always appreciate the way he treated Derek and how he was impacted when he lost one of his best defensive players that year. Just my input. I know it was time for him to go,though.

57 Likes

Thanks for the insight Giena.

It’s easy to forget that’s a human there and not a caricature of one. I’m sure he didn’t take the job planning to fail. And as far as “failure” goes, we’ve seen much worse times.

Dana just wasn’t getting the job done to our expectations. It’s not his fault he was offered an unbelievable sum of money to coach here.

3 Likes

IMG_2145

4 Likes

I supported Dana (like I did every coach since the 90s) but it was his time to go. He was exposed this year starting with his loss to Rice. I actually believe he was a better offensive coordinator than a head coach.

I hope he does better somewhere else.

1 Like

Thanks for nothing.

3 Likes

Where are the Dana Lovers?

2 Likes

1 Like

I definitely wish him the best…i think he will be a very good OC somewere. Who onows maybe at a program like Iowa where he is from.

2 Likes

Dana was and is an embarrassment. No class and took every chance to denegrate our program when his job is to do the exact opposite. We turned into a soft ball club with him at the helm.

3 Likes

I would thank him on X/Twitter but he blocked me many years ago.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I appreciate what he did with Case Keenum in '09 and the 12-2 season. Lots of disappointments, but im thankful for the good times.

2 Likes

I’m just glad that he beat Baylor. I wish him the best.

4 Likes

I was happy when Dana was hired and wanted to see him be successful. I wish him the best on his way to whatever is next.

4 Likes

They’re in a bunker praying to the Magic Portal for deliverance.

1 Like

2021 was a memorable season. I will give him that one.

4 Likes

Will always remember Dana and the Birmingham Bowl trophy. Also, the wins against Memphis last year and the WVU miracle this year.

Besides that, I wish him the best, but it is time for a change.

1 Like

Thank you for destroying the football program

3 Likes

I thank him for taking care of the players, not hearing about concussions and wanting to change several assistants when he knew he wasn’t cutting it.

I thank him for always talking good about being here and donating the million to the facility

I also thank him for coming here after his job at WVU

I thank him for sending some of his players to the NFL.

I thank him for not being caught in a scandal here.

4 Likes