Daniel Wright

Any info in this transfer from Wisconsin? Was a walk-on QB for their FB team and is now on our Baseball team.

I know he was a walk-on qb At Wisconsin and entered the portal. He is tall (6-9) and throws in the low 90s. Thinking he is a freshman

3 Likes

Great article. Mentions Colin Wilder from Katy who now plays football at Katy as one reason he chose us over ORU and Iowa. I think he will be a good player for us this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/wisconsin/LongFormArticle/Wisconsin-Badgers-football-Daniel-Wright-standing-out-on-pitchers-mound-Houston-Cougars-Iowa-Western-Community-College-178110021/Amp/

2 Likes

Interesting story…… with a guy that tall the ability to throw really hard is there….hopefully the coaching can get him to pitch to his potential.

OK, so based on this, he won’t be here until 2023, right?

Gotta be a righty ???

I thought he was playing immediately. I may be misunderstanding something.

That article seems to suggest that he’ll be playing for us NEXT year, and that he’ll be at IWCC this season.

He’s not on the current roster at uhcougars.com.

Quote: He’ll be playing Divison I baseball at the University of Houston next year.

Quote: Wright will play for IWCC during the regular season this spring, and he hopes to further enhance his abilities as a pitcher then.

So after all these years Wilder went back to Katy High to play football? That doesn’t make sense!

Lol. My bad. He plays at Wisconsin.