Defensive coordinator from Oklahoma fired

Oklahoma fired their defensive coordinator today. I guess you can fire one during the season.

2 Likes

It’s about time. He has never been able to adopt to current offenses…

Maybe they should buy Orlando from ut.

That would be funny !!

4 Likes

You got me all excited with that title. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Misleading title if I ever saw one.

1 Like

2 Likes

I fixed it guys. Perks of being an administrator.

2 Likes

When did we hire you on?

2 Likes

We needed that guy to stay the DC for OU next year. :sob:

4 Likes

Perks of being a big time P5 state school…$$$$$… able to eat a contract to make change when needed immediately

1 Like

Lets hire him for the remainder of the season and see how he does. Can’t be any worse.

4 Likes

Plus they had 2 other former well regarded defensive coordinators on staff (who both had recently been head coaches ) in Ruffian McNiel and Bob Diaco

Diaco is at OU? Does he have the Civil ConFLiCT trophy with him?!?

1 Like

So can we get Mike Stoops? Gibbs would be my first choice but it looks like Kliff will keep his job, maybe not though with this Bowman injury. I’d rather win double digit games this year but if not we need to move on from CMD.

Hired ?! I did not know we get paid for this. I need to fire🔥my agent. ASAP

1 Like

While I have not been a big fan of the defensive schemes of CMD,

I do not think that Stoops would be an upgrade to CMD…JMHO.

5 Likes

Did not that Stoops brother work here under Helton in mid to late 1990s???..If so…I will pass… Mark Thomas Stoops is the one. My bad he is Kentucky Head Coach now…was here in 2000.

1 Like

Actually, he was brought in by Dimel and made co DC with (cannot remember his name, from Arkansas and moved on to be DC at TCU). We actually had a decent defense in Helton’s last year and when Dimel and Stoops got involved, it went down the tubes.

Worst team ever at UH in 2000…

Wayne Rogers was pretty good but that was about it.

3 Likes