Deontay Anderson DB transfer from Ole Miss

Well he wanted to go to Michigan but his grades didn’t allow him. Either way he’s a Coog now!

He should get immediate eligibility and his three years. He was lied to and even sat out a year (redshirt) because he was lied to. I agree with Packtex. The attorney will threaten to take this to court and the NCAA will relinquish. They really have no basis to stand on. And as we have seen in the Penn State case and the whole ESPN Playoff system, the NCAA has no teeth or pull in much of anything anymore other than keeping an eye on Title IX issues and non revenue sports.

He will really help our soft-zone defense and limit the yards after catch for those deep throws.

That’s a “Bizinga”…right !

And you know this how?

it was on twitter … it was never technically confirmed he wanted to go there or that it was grades…
but from his twitter he was 100% in love with michigan. him, shea pattterson and another ole miss transfer all visited there together …all rumored to want to come together to Michigan… Michigan’s beat reporter announces his transcipts didn’t clear (didnt state why, it could be for a lot of reasons) a day later Anderson tweets his recruitment is still open

So does that mean if he does get “clearance” a week from now or 2 he will go to michigan? Or is this set in stone.

The Michigan door is closed.

1 Like

No, I’m pretty sure he’s set on Houston now.

1 Like

Is there any kind of deadline for the NCAA to make a decision on this kid? Not that I would expect any better out of a nearly useless organization, but it seems pretty terrible to me that they are taking this long to make what should be a pretty simple decision. We knew about his decision to transfer back in December and it’s now March and the team is starting spring practice. Just make a freaking decision already!

Also, can he still practice with the team while waiting on a decision?

He can do everything but play in a NCAA sanctioned game.

No timeline; they can make a decision whenever they feel like it.

Part of me kind of hopes his attorney sues the NCAA next. Call it tortious interference with a contract. A scholarship is a contract and the NCAA is wrongfully preventing his performance of that contract by not making a decision.

2 Likes

I don’t get it this seems like this is going to be way easier for the NCAA to just let it go. In trial the last thing the NCAA needs is it’s house of cards put on full display to the public.

1 Like

The NCAA almost never makes things easy

Who, exactly, is the NCAA beholden to? If someone were to try to go over their heads about this, where would they go? Congress? US Attorney General? State Attorney General? Someone has to have the authority to call these clowns out. Who is it?

The University presidents are supposed to oversee the NCAA, but they tend not to do anything. Usually, it’s the government that has to get involved (see the basketball investigation)

Looks like Patterson’s case should receive an opinion soon. I would imagine the remaining cases would be resolved in similar fashion since the claims will be pretty much identical.

1 Like

So if Ole Miss doesnt agree with decision to let him go does that put NCAA in a position to say no also and make the kids sit out another year?