Derek Parish

That was a great interview. I hope Derek gets drafted by the Texans who sounded interested. I know they have sucked, but if they are going to get better they need players like Parish.

4 Likes

I know that he’s training as a fullback but I really want to see him play edge on Sundays. I would automatically support any team that started him.

3 Likes

That one is from NFL draft scout.com. SI and Pro Football Network also have similar write ups on him.

3 Likes

At pro day he is doing DE, LB and FB drills. He will do the gauntlet, edge rush drills and can even long snap. He’s trying to show his versatility because he is not really DE size for the NFL.

6 Likes

Versatile = Value Pick = DP

2 Likes

He has FB and LB speed. His speed can compensate for lack of size as a DE, but he already has DL strength. It’s not just how big you are, it’s how strong you are and he is strong enough to push a bigger player aside.

Giena, have you talked to Tune’s mom? What has has been hearing?

3 Likes

What's the NFL League Minimum Salary? | BetMGM.

\Whatever position he plays he is going to make a lot of $$$

I haven’t talked to her lately. He’s done very well at the Senior Bowl and Combine, so I imagine he has a lot of interest!

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1640452883312410624

Legend :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Derek is an edge rusher, DB, and LB and has plenty of size for that. Look at Aaron Donald, he’s 284 and playing tackle which is normally 300+.

1 Like

Dana said “I would have played him at fullback but he was our best pass rusher”

6 Likes

I saw this on the UH Cougar FB Instagram feed …

30 Likes

Beast!

3 Likes

Did i hear Parker right on Locked On, thought he said Derek was trying to be a long snapper?

He’s so fast, he can snap the ball and kick it on the same play. :wink:

17 Likes

He snapped a few to the Jets guy. Needs a little more length, but he was pretty accurate. Surprised us actually. He will show them whatever he needs to do to make a roster

16 Likes

Derek’s new nickname is Swiss Army Man. He can do so much.

6 Likes

Last few years i have heard teams want a Swiss army knife in a player. So that one roster spot can fill multiple roles. Derek is that player

9 Likes

Derek’s message to the NFL

4 Likes

Just “Damn!”

2 Likes