Did anyone fall for this?

As if I need to ask.

• In short: Of more than 2 million tweets containing “low credibility” content posted in 2020, a majority came from just 1,000 accounts.
  • A new research study has said 10 “superspreaders” are responsible for more than 34 per cent of the content posted.
  • What’s next? X owner Elon Musk is facing increased pressure to moderate content and stem misinformation on the platform.

While I don’t condone misinformation and hate the fact that the most radical of radicals gain a large voice which then perpetuates, I would much rather have it that way instead of corporate media controlling how everyone should think and feel

2 Likes

Most media is controlled by corporations.

yes which is exactly why they hate X and TikTok

You do realize that X and TikTok are corporations and still have influence through their policies and through their algorithms. Just like Facebook and Instagram.

4 Likes

Wow…speaking of “superspreaders” this post modified the quote from the article, removing “Republicans” from being super spreaders.

I mean…the irony and hubris…

Here’s the actual article quote: “Notable, this group includes the official accounts of both the Democratic and Republican parties … as well as @DonaldTrumpJr…”

Of the 10 “superspreaders” I’m sure at least four post on this website’s politics board.

3 Likes