Difference between P4 and G6

https://x.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/2104577117086192019

Non-conference records against Power 4 teams

SEC 10-2
Big 12 5-7
ACC 6-9
Big Ten 4-10
American 1-11
MAC 1-16
Mountain West 0-7
CUSA 0-8
Pac-12 0-12
Sun Belt 0-15

The G6 is a combined 2-69 (.028) against the P4.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a THOUSAND dang times.

The NIL era means that the RICH (P4) get richer.

God Bless Abbott, Patrick, and Fertitta for pulling the strings necessary to get us in.

9 Likes

I wonder if FCS has fared better than G6 against power 4?

My concern we may be brief lived if there is P4 conference shake ups or realignment

Why would you worry about that ? The ONLY thing that matters in todays CFB landscape is $$$ and the Houston area market has way too much of that to be ignored IMO. CWF has done an incredible job in rebuilding the program in a short time, couple more years will really have the foundation set.

3 Likes

Based on their performance, G6 teams are a whopping 2-69 against P4 teams, which supports the B1G’s and SEC’s snobbery to limit, or keep out, G6 teams from the CFP.

I agree… I think schools like Wake Forest have way more to be worried about in that scenario than we do…

Especially, if we can win a natty in hoops and a B12 title in football.

1 Like

that is a STUNNING stat. Not even 3%. In the past you’d have your higher level G5 teams FAVORED over lower end P4 teams. I don’t know the historic win rates of G5 vs P4 but I’d guess maybe 10-20% which is low but again in certain matchups more of a toss up.

In the p4 you can pretend to pee on people on the field.

3 Likes

more like the pee4 amirite

2 Likes

Are we gonna get to the point where Rutgers (B10) and Vanderbilt (SEC) get kicked out?

They both have pretty nice tv audiences so I doubt it…

Plus Vandy has been trending up in the NIL era.

And 1 of those 2 wins was Tulsa beating Okie State…Bet Tulsa would not want any part of the Cowboys now…

Easy explanation for all of this.
The p4’s have a freshman housing mandate.

Yeah because those G6 schools that consistently beat P4 schools got let into the P4.

UH, UCF, TCU, Cincinnati, etc.

1 Like