"Disappointing"

1 Like

That’s what Kendall Rogers from D1 Baseball had to say today about UH this season. “Massive disappointment.”

1 Like

And he probably hasn’t even watched any games. :laughing:

3 Likes

Why is anyone shocked….it’s been trending this way for 3 years

11 Likes

I know Kendall, he lives in Spring. He definitely catches our games when he can.

4 Likes

Massive disappointment relative to modest expectations.

2 Likes

Yea. No one was openly expecting anything above competent, to my memory.

1 Like

Thank goodness we have the Astros to cheer for, otherwise baseball in the city would be depressing.

3 Likes

The relief pitching gives them no hope most of the time. Its a joke.
For Example:
O’Donnel
Nearly 8 ERA in 2 seasons at UConn & UH goes into 2023 counting on him to finish ?
We have seen enough. Could anyone else be worse ?

I’m spending the $150 for the big MLB package. ($130 for just 'Stros) Gets you every game of every team.
Watching every Astros game barring power/Wi-Fi failure.

1 Like

And Sampson that’s just one example….the coaches kid from LSU……in 4 years there he hit .202.

We had him hitting lead off for awhile….in 36 AB’s .111….

What was he thinking? He has had them all fall….is he really surprised?

And then his comments before the season about how it was the deepest team he has ever had….other whacky comments….

If he truly thought this was a team that was anything other than what they have shown, he has no clue.

3 Likes

I’m thinking he sounds like a man who knows this is his last year.

2 Likes

he was trying to play the righty/lefty game but it didn’t work out. It is probably not smart to bring in a kid with a 12 ERA to keep the game close.

1 Like

It wasn’t a bad outing by the lefty. 1.2 innings with 2 hits and 2 earned runs, 0 walks and 4 ks. One of those two hits and runs was on the “inside the park homerun” that should have been caught in CF for the aggies 3rd run of the night in the 9th inning. Id argue if that play is made, its 2-1 going into bottom of the 9th.

You are right that the play was poorly played in CF, but he didn’t have a great outing, especially considering that he has 3 years of D1 experience now.

1 Like

As of today team ERA is 205 out of 295 DI programs

3 Likes

Man, look how many teams we’ve passed up, though. :grinning:

When you sweep a team( on the road!)and your RPI is only # 202 in the country.

1 Like