Do we have a chance to host AAC BB tourney

Do we have a chance to host AAC tournament in the future or is our seating capacity too small?

Too small I’ve heard

1 Like

I understand the reasons, but as far as atmosphere goes, it is hard to beat! If the AAC did have us host they would get great feedback from visiting fans!

I’m happy with it being in Fort Worth after this season. It really shouldn’t be on any school’s home court

6 Likes

Righttt! I used to hate it when Memphis had the best team by far and they used to host it.

1 Like

I’ve said it before but Dickies looks really nice on the outside so far.

If we host it would be at Toyota Center. With Uncle Tilman owning the Rockets I see it as a possibility.

5 Likes

Tourney is committed to Memphis this year and then Fort Worth from 2020-22. I imagine Fort Worth will probably stay the home for the tourney for the foreseeable future with the Conference offices moving to Dallas this next year and it being a decent location for a number of fanbases to easily drive as well as being an airport hub.

2 Likes

Great point…

I expect that Tilman Fertitta will bring the AAC Tournament to the Toyota Center in the near future.

He’s not the kind of person who will let Dallas and Ft.Worth host the tournament while he’s sitting on one of the best basketball arenas in the NBA.

2 Likes