Do we stay in the top 25?

And we are #26 in the Coaches’ poll.

I suspect we jump back to Top 25 in both with a win next week.

Happy UH stayed in the AP Top 25 and not surprised we are just outside the coaches poll. It is a long season. UH keeps getting better each week is the goal. For any chance at a significant bowl, I think UH needs to run the table.

My thought was we’d be at the top of teams that also received votes. Had we not scored that last TD, I’m pretty sure that is where we’d have ended-up this week.

Well I was wrong …nice to see some respect

I don’t think we should drop at all, barely losing to the #13 team on the road.

But of course we did. I’m just happy we’re still in it even if it’s 25.

That’s the one that matters. Few look at the Coaches Poll anymore.

How the hell is SMU still ranked?

Same way we are, close loss to a higher ranked team

1 Like

So Tech barely beats UH, a team ranked 9 spots below them, by two at home which impresses the voters so much that they reward them two places higher in this week’s poll.

But that same losing team ranked 9 spots lower, who barely lost to that winning team by two on the road, gets punished by those same voters by being dropped three places in the poll?

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

That’s correct.

Tech rewarded for winning, we’re punished for losing.

As it should be.

8 Likes

Actually SMU lost by 10 to a lower ranked team. Also it appears they were totally dominated in the second half of their game.