Documentaries

Anyone watched any good ones lately? I know Netflix will have a Dan Rather one this week, then I’ve seen trailers for a Steve Martin one and a Jim Henson one, but not sure which streaming service they will be on. Actually Jim Henson is likely Disney+.

I recently watch Still, it’s a Michael J Fox doc and Girls state. Both on Apple TV.

What’s Girls State about?

Girls State is about a week long program in Missouri where teens learn how to build a government from the ground up. So teens run campaigns to be elected. There is also a Boys State doc. Its a few years older, I think its from 2019. I also watched that this weekend. IMO the boys were a tad nastier to one another.

The weird Al one is pretty good.

turning point series on Netflix is good.

Robert Durst one is crazy…and scary.

Dude lived in the Robinhood, off of Kirby, near the Rice Village

I watched the Vice documentary about the Salton Sea - it’s the largest lake in CA and formed because of an engineering accident. It was a retreat from LA up until the 1970s when the lake started to dry up. Now it’s an environmental disaster which is also where natural lithium has been found and is possibly going to be where the US gets its electric car battery materials from.

On one hand, that sounds interesting. On the other it sounds pretty boring. How long was it?

45 minutes.

Battery follow up

I was only interested because the area affects the air within the region north of where I live and Palm Springs. It’s also a post apocalyptic gold mine for filming out here, but it is stinky!

1 Like