Doug Belk getting OWNED

Belk choked a 4th and 20th winning opportunity last week too.

3 Likes

We’re well beyond that. This week sucked totally.

3 Likes

I loved our defense last year but it is really bad this season. Almost Onofrio bad. Belk may be a one-hit wonder. His 100% raise got to his head and he started enjoying himself a lot more similar to Dana.

2 Likes

To be fair to Belk, have you considered the offense his unit practices against? :rofl:

7 Likes

I remember many moons ago the Dallas Cowboys played the Chicago Bears in a playoff game. The Bears had ONE guy- Walter Payton. So 11 Dallas Cowboys chased Walter Payton all day long. The Cowboys won. So at the rain delay I thought to myself “Kansas has ONE guy so why don’t we just stop HIM?” Speaking as a retired coach I sometimes thought to myself “this guy is killin us, I’m gonna stop HIM and take my chances with the others.” Usually worked
 Juz sayin

1 Like

That’s what has driven us all mad

Stop the best player and make their 2nd and 3rd option beat you. Same in basketball. Easier said than done apparently.

3 Likes

Not really.

He just could not adjust the last two games. He adjusted in the UTSA and then fell back the last seconds of the game. I think the coogs are a blitzing team. I think they need to live and die by the blitz like Gibbs did.

1 Like

Doug Belk AKA as 4th and 20 and 6 for 6

The ESPN article pretty much jinxed the man. Losing players to the draft would have hurt but didnt expect for the team to pretty much fall off the face of the earth defensively.

3 Likes

Did we blitz at all against kansas

They could not catch the QB the entire game.

3 Likes

I felt like with UTSA their O-line just got worn out. The D-line wasn’t getting a ton of pressure in the 1st half, but was wrecking havoc in the 2nd half with just straight up 3 or 4 man rushes. I do give Belk credit for tightening the coverage in the 2nd half, too many easy throws in the 1st half (at the same time that means blame for the 1st half).

On the part about blitzes, I would like to see our percentages. I feel like we are really low on bringing 5 or more. Last year we could get by because we had two NFL corners along with consistent pressure from 3-4 man rushes. In all 3 games I have seen plays where we had a QB spy and they just got outran by the QB. Might as well have brought that guy on a blitz up the middle.

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1571913806376325120

5 Likes

Next up Rice QB

1 Like

Can he run

Just remember Gibbs blitzing brought the coogs 43 and 39 turnovers for two years. Levine’s offense could not do anything with them. We can still win the conference.

1 Like

Could this be a trend?

he started reading about how good he was
same article as the players!!

GO COOGS!!