Down Goes Texas

I had to go read posts on Surly. The arrogant are melting down.

1 Like

It was 5. Baylor, UH, TTU, North Texas, and ACU

2 Likes

That’s right, forgot UNT. My mistake.

They’re gonna fire Shaka and hire Beard, Pitino, or Sampson. :rofl:

2 Likes

Let me clarify, I hope he’s back. If not, we should all be a little nervous.

Please let’s not start that. Anytime we are successful some posters begin suggesting our coach will be leaving. I think CKS is very happy with his situation here. Let’s just continue to support our youngsters and discuss our future games. We’re going far.

3 Likes

Hahaha.

Well also basketball isn’t like football. Literally the only reason to leave a school in basketball is for either more money or a better situation. In our case the only reason Kelvin would leave would be more money.

Unlike football, every school has an equal chance at a championship and even small schools can recruit well.

3 Likes

Especially with the transfer portal!

1 Like

Yeah he’ll be back but he will have a green/inexperienced team nxt season, and they will struggle and Smart be fired.

Don’t forget. TSU won their first game, getting them into the group of 64. So 6 of the 7 Texas teams won their first game.

2 Likes

Kelvin is 65 and just signed a contract extension a couple of weeks ago. He’s not leaving for UT.

8 Likes

I think he was joking lol

This helps recruiting no doubt with in state talent.

Coach Sampson and staff have shown more than enough for any elite player they target to want to come play here.

2 Likes

Read one of the UT boards, they want Chris Beard from Tech.

Texas fans want all three. :joy:

2 Likes

What? UT lost in the first round to Abilene?

David vs Goliath
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just an observation. No opinion offered. In the Texas-ACC game at 10:07 in the 2nd half, when a Texas player went over the top of an ACC player and hit the floor hard, 3 ACC players went to the Texas player to see if he was hurt. No Texas player went to see if their teammate was hurt. (Maybe a little opinion sneaks in). As Kelvin says so many times, the Culture of a program is so important. The Culture shows itself in interesting ways sometimes.

4 Likes
1 Like

The guy is throwing horns down like UT is their big rival.
:laughing:
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1373491198002880512?s=03

2 Likes

They want Nick Saban.

3 Likes