Driving through Memphis listening to tigers radio

Then let’s start making more phone calls!

If we put the Texans logo on our jerseys I guarantee 610 would cover us.

Look Penny paid for the kid to move to Memphis when he was in high school. That’s on record but he also disclosed it to the NCAA and they said it wouldn’t be an issue for his eligibility. Then they reversed weeks before the season started and ruled him ineligible. Ultimately, Penny didn’t play him. Thats the situation. At LSU Will Wade is on wiretaps admitting to paying players 6 figures to come to LSU. Will Wade never even got a slap on the wrist. LSU made the S16 that year. Its not even remotely the same.

1 Like

I am not disputing that Memphis crime was anywhere near what others have done. Bottom line however is that Memphis broke the rules. They cheated. Heck Sampson almost had his career destroyed over too many phone calls.
The NCAA is a total joke

They didn’t cheat. They got permission to recruit and play the kid and then the NCAA reversed last second. After that they tried to appeal the decision. Once they realized they had no shot they didnt play him. And this is for something that happened years before Penny was ever coaching there. Will Wade paid players 6 figure salaries, played them, made a S16, and nothing happened. These situations aren’t the same.

Lol so Sampson can get the ok to move a couple of 5 stars to Houston? This wasn’t Memphis’s first rodeo. They cheated and Wiseman left

1 Like

Again Penny helped the kid move years before he took the Memphis job. He disclosed that to the NCAA. They told him that it wouldn’t effect JWs eligibility. Then they reversed that decision either right before the season started or right after. The NCAA felt bold enough to enforce the Wiseman decision while they did nothing to the Selfs, Millers, and Wades of the world. Its a joke.

Maybe Fertitta can buy channel 11. We would have a voice in Houston and he would have the highest rating in the city.

1 Like

Hopefully I’m wrong but I think Larry Brown will help their performance a lot

1 Like

Fook mumphish.