Driving through Memphis listening to tigers radio

Driving through Memphis listening to tigers radio They think they should be number one preseason because of their returning to layers not UH, the guy went on and on about yes Simpsons a great coach but all we got coming back is Sasser that they have more talent than Houston on and on.

Part of being local radio is hyping up your fanbase for your local team. The more these preseason rankings get talked about, the more hype carries into the start of the season. It’s a good thing. Our two games with Memphis last year were both great–hoping the games this year are also entertaining.

Let me know when Memphis wins some games. They started off ranked high last year and really stumbled out of the gate.

1 Like

The college basketball version of Texas Whorn football.

2 Likes

Yes, we lost Q, Deeky and Gorham… But we have A LOT more players coming back than just Sasser!

LMAO at Memphis fans!

Our program is now a machine. Interchangeable parts. And moving forward, the parts will be more capable and better oiled. I’m more than happy for other fanbases to ignore that. Believe you me, the Memphis men’s basketball program is fully aware of what we’re going to bring to the table. Such a shame that fan myopia often clouds intelligence.

Memphis just guard the half court shot. We are deadly from 45 feet.

8 Likes

I’ll be plenty entertained if we beat them by double digits both times and again in the conference tourney.

3 Likes

I don’t care about the radio show. I’m just very happy and relieved you made it through Memphis without getting shot.

You had us worried senseless.

8 Likes

Sanctions coming soon for Memphis basketball

4 Likes

Yah but what is local Houston radio saying about our basketball team? No seriously, do they even mention us?

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking…at least they are talking about them. I’ll never understand the lack off support to UH in Houston. Never.

2 Likes

Honestly, we’ve lost four starters off of every team the last four years and have advanced deeper each year. When is the last time these guys beat us?

Sports Reference Answered my question. We’ve won 3 straight. Feb of 2020 we lost by 1 at FedEx Forum.

And Memphis will be plenty entertained if they beat UH by double digits both times and again in the tourney as well. That’s just about as likely to happen either way (ie: not very likely).

I’m not familiar with the concept but I’d like to get some of this “local radio” in Houston.

Memphis is a small market town. They have nothing better to talk about.

3 Likes

Didn’t they get caught red handed cheating to get Wiseman? Their only penalty was that he could not play the rest of the year…so I don’t expect much after that along with the outright cheating by the LSU and Arizona coaches…the NCAA is a farce…

Culture

I hate to defend Memphis but the Wiseman situation doesn’t even remotely compare to the stuff at L$U or Kansas.

1 Like

Lol so you think the recruitment of Wiseman was on the up and up? Why I mentioned LSwho and Arizona was to point out that if they can get away with what they did ain’t nobody going down!