Duke to the Big 12?

Guess the commish is pursuing… stay tuned. Now living in NC, UNC dominates.

2 Likes

Link

Monty Show.
@ 13:50
https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow/status/1772232011182440664

Monty is looking for clicks and views.

1 Like

I’ve heard rumors of the ACC getting raided and the Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 going with 20 teams. How does Duke, Louisville, Pitt, and Miami sound? Gives close rivalries to Cincy, WV, and UCF along with another basketball blue blood. Big 10 gets UNC and Notre Dame (finally). SEC gets Clemson, Florida State, Virginia, and Va Tech.

I did this in my head and then looked it up, this would leave BC, WF, NCST, and Georgia Tech out. Officially those 4 athletic departments make the least out of the whole ACC.

If it were to happen this would potentially be the best although the conferences would probably need to split into 2 and compete kind of like their own conference. :man_shrugging:

Add in UConn and Gonzaga.

Maybe CBY’s goal is to eat up all of the March Madness revenue to compete financially with the football conferences.

Of the 17 schools with at least six Final Fours, the Big 12 has four them (in bold).

And potentially as many as five more (shaded in blue) may become available…

Why not get FSU
North Carolina and Clemson
And Norte dame
Gotta get the biggest fan bases in order to get the sec type contract

No way in hell NCST and Georgia Tech get left out. Georgia Tech is in a extremely relevant market

Nobody is doing the math. What is the incentive from the perspective of the individual universities to add Florida State to the SEC? They already have the market covered with the Gators who will be against adding them in the first place

Yep I’d take ncstate and ga tech over Pitt and Louisville if was a choice. Ga tech in a major market and nc state is a good mix of bb and football respect. So I agree ga tech and nc state aren’t being left out.

I’m mostly going off of current conference culture and representation. FSU and Clemson just seem like SEC schools, big state schools with a larger emphasis on football. I would probably want UNC but I figured the Big 10 was a larger draw and they match the academic profile and culture of the Big 10, again though, they would be a good one for us. I think you just named the top schools in the ACC and if they get raided there’s no way we get the top 4 schools

Again though. GT and NCST are among the lowest sports revenue driving schools in the ACC and in this scenario somebody has to be left out, Wake and BC make the most sense but who are the next 2? You say the SEC has the Florida market covered but A. Flordia’s population is growing rapidly and B. Florida St owns a significant portion of the market. I was mostly feeling like Florida St is a good culture for with the SEC

I think that’s wrong thinking
i’m not sure ESPN wants to pay more per school and strengthen the SEC and Big who are already trying to run things
I think they may see value in getting a third player with equal clout
That’s when you can re-examine the conferences from an alignment pov and reconstruct them more regionally with an equal payout to all members. In order to get to a 60 team super conference/league ESPN can’t allow the payouts to get more lopsided, they have to find a way to equalize things….otherwise the incentive to bring it all together won’t be there for the sec

1 Like

The problem with trying to even out everything is the heavy hitters, your Texas, OSU, Alabama, Michigan, etc. will all feel like they are pulling more financial weight. You think Alabama is gonna want to be paid the same as UCF? Just not gonna happen, the rich will demand to stay rich or they will threaten to leave and form their own super conference and get another network like NBC or Fox to pay a boatload of money for the rights