Dumb*ss Memphis

They can celebrate avoiding the 3 game sweep. At least they are better than the Yankees and Mariners.

1 Like

Some of the comments about his throw on that tweet are funny.

2 Likes

I actually think FAU is a shooting star. They’re the east coast version of UTSA. Both programs have higher aspirations

Yes. FAU has a better football HC than UH.

3 Likes

I can’t fathom any coach I would ever want at my program throwing a water bottle on the court after a loss.

Complete classless move and shows you everything you need to know about Penny and that program.

I understand passion. I understand intensity. That was neither.

3 Likes

I don’t normally like to revel in other folks’ misery but I hope the obnoxious Memphis guy and his equally obnoxious SO who were sitting behind me at the Memphis game in the FC watched and suffered mucho angst last night. (where is that middle finger emoji?)

10 Likes

Yes, they did
 And probably a foul on FAU instead of a jump ball.

What’s even worse is he missed whoever he was throwing it to.

1 Like

No fan of Memphis and their antics at times. I will be happy if we never play them again, but I seem to recall UH coaches (Kellen) and players kicking trash cans as they exited the game against Alabama last year. Jamal stood out in an exemplary way but even KS could have behaved better.

Their fans and others had choice comments about the “classlessness” displayed that many didn’t find as contemptable here - forgivable at minimum given the controversial call.

7 Likes

Not proud of that one-off occurrence, but with memphis it is a (hilarious) pattern of behavior.

1 Like

Except every other fanbase in the AAC is in solidarity that Memphis and there fanbase is classless. That doesn’t happen by accident.

1 Like

Memphis losing by making dumb plays is all the sweeter given that Purdue lost beforehand.

Choked away a gift to the Sweet 16!

5 Likes

Penny’s is a life lived without criticism. This guy was petted his whole career and feted by the media and AD industry. Now, in the world of the working stiff, he has to perform against people with more talent and skill. And can’t cope with it.

He’s basically a better dressed Dana without allergies.

2 Likes

My favorite part was the ref’s hands-on-the-face moment. Calgon, take me away

1 Like

If you ever needed confirmation that Sampson didn’t want him (as opposed to the other way around), there you have it. And why.

1 Like

To or at?

2 Likes

Memphis wishes they were what we are. But they can’t, and won’t, be that kind of program until they have some discipline. Starting with the coach.

1 Like

You can tell by his and Old Man Williams’ attitudes toward this program and city that there is a major chip on their shoulder for us not wanting them. That then manifests in showing their character of being selfish, hot-headed, overly arrogant, and everything else that made us not want them to begin with.

1 Like

Sports Illustrated wrote about how Houston got screwed by the Tournament Committee.

They wrote about Penny chucking his water bottle.

3 Likes

I think we did want Deandre Williams. But Sampson May have pulled the plug due to his eligibility stuff. We already had that going on with Chris Harris.

1 Like