Early thoughts for the Cincy game?

I see this playing out 1 of 2 ways, either we go into that game and play defense like we did against WSU and completely dominate them from start to finish or we go in there and it’s back and forth and comes down to who makes there free throws at the very end. I lean to think that the Coogs will come away winners by a score of 67-58!

1 Like

Cincy has been playing well, starting to look like the team they were expected to be out of the gate. They will be favored in this game, probably 4 points or so. Coogs will have to shoot the ball better than we have been of late.

3 Likes

This game worries me. Cincy always plays us tough.

2 Likes

I saw they still have that beast Cumberland. I thought he would have been in the NBA by now, it shows him as a grad student. Cinci has been playing well lately, I saw them fall from the top 25 earlier and it didn’t look good for them.

If Cumberland is back like he was Tuesday night we might lose by double digits and that’s not a knock on us. Hotel and tickets secured I’m driving up from Knoxville for this one.

8 Likes

Road games are tough. Cincy has been playing great. I think this is one of our conference losses for the year.

3 Likes

I’m fairly sure Cincy fans are equally worried about UH. May the best team win.

2 Likes

The game will definitely end in one of two ways. A win or a loss!

4 Likes

We win, barely.

3 Likes

I think the match up favors us… the are going to stick to man no matter what… the weird matchup zone they ran with Cronin is gone

Our O vs their D:
They have 1 great defender (Keith Williams) we are a balanced team, who ever isn’t on kieth Williams should have an advantage… they have a 7footer in the post… he rarely goes for the block … but he does alter shots with his sheer size which could be an issue…

Our D can their O:
Their offensive strength this year is the 7fter (not jarron) if he catches the ball under the rim it’s almost guaranteed that he makes it … … Harris defense vs him like defining the game

The Cumberland cousins can shoot and Williams is an athletic driver but I think they’ll have trouble with our height

7 Likes

Good post!

A big key for me is turnovers. Can’t turnover the ball over in these games.

4 Likes

This is definitley a catch game of sorts. I believe that The Coogs are a better team, but the Bearcats are at home, and will be playing hard to prove to anyone who cares that they are still one of the best teams in The American. As I stated earlier, If the Coogs have totally bought in to the fact that they are an elite defensive team, and it seems that they have, they can beat anyone in the conference whether at home or away. Play Hard nosed D, keep the turnovers to a minimum, and The Cougars win a tight one! EatEmUpCoogs!

we’ve gotta start making shots, period. our offense worries me big time.

defensively we are golden.

4 Likes

Yes one of two ways we win or we lose😋

1 Like

We’ll most likely be the underdogs in this one. They’ve been playing very good lately and Cumberland is tearing it up in conference. No shame if we come up short, but hopefully we knock them off and boost our resume.

https://twitter.com/UHValentiSchool/status/1222985334054457344?s=20

1 Like

I don’t know. UH does not have that flashy star power and will beat you with balance on offense and defense / on the boards. Their more knowledgeable fans will be concerned but, if I was a casual fan, I don’t see a long range bomber or stud NBA type to fear. Should be a good one

Put me in the contingent that we need to play great to win this game. We can’t get 10 combined points from Hinton, Sasser, and White. There’s no guarantee Harris goes into double figures.

We need five guys in double figures…even if it’s barely.

1 Like

Lots of of good comments on this game! I have watched them play a couple of times recently, the commentators & their coach believe that the Bearcats have now bought into his system. He was @ Northern Kentucky before & they were known for their offense! Should be a tough road game, but we have won 11 of 12!

2 Likes