Ed Oliver All Day, Every Day 2018

For you Jason Lee.

I’m not gonna lie friend, I’m lost in regards to the relevance of bringing up a coach. I must have missed something. I thought we were talking about Ed?

Now that it’s out there, we will need sources or this didn’t happen. Those are rather steep allegations to be making about either individual.

My reference on bringing up a coach was to point out how it is ok to bash a coach on here in very personal way but be very very careful about talking about one of well known players on team about his play or lack there of. I assumed you knew the coaches situation I brought up was not on this thread. My other paragraph speaks for itself, no allegations made at all. You did follow the Team I’m sure week/week after Navy game. Good day Sir!

I know that you guys are whining about Ed Oliver news on a THREAD labeled “Ed Oliver All Day, Every Day 2018”. You can actually CHOOSE not to click on it if you are sick of hearing about it. So yes, I know what the word persecution means, and I apply it to you guys as a complex, because you whine about people not being your best friends on this thread. I happily await your next attempt at gaslighting.

Hmmm I for one am not looking for friends on here. Hopefully someone at my age -59-- not on here to meet friends. :roll_eyes: . I will soon be starting a thread on Patrick Carr pls comment in there as you wish! :grin:. Be careful if u cont this Thread may be shut down !! :grimacing:

Well on one end we have kids that didn’t sign a contract; on the other we have coaches that did, and then lied to said kids. So because there were issues between the two on the surface, that constitutes a means to extrapolate and assume how prevalent it was? C’mon you’re better than that!

Who knows where you’re going now. I never brought former coaches into the conversation. I’m talking about current coaches. And fyi student/athletes do sign NLI that ties them the school they will be attending. But again going all over the road and I prefer not to do that. Doesn’t have to keep going on on on. I simply made statement in most professional way and wasn’t looking for agreement or non-agreement to orig comments. Then as most like do here go off tangent w other non essential verbage. DONE!

lol YES the NLI does, but one stipulation in that NLI is that student athletes that play football can leave after their junior year, regardless of when and how. It sucks his time is up here, but I promise he’ll make you proud one day in the NFL. Time to let go. For some of us letting go means accepting that fact and supporting him; for others letting go should mean (if they chose to not support Ed), not clicking on threads dedicated to him since his freshman year.

I’m with you Tom. It appears that the group that gets butt hurt on this board is the group of “friends”.
I’m not concerned about being friends with the group and didn’t come on this Board to find any. I log on because I love UH and before someone finds fault with that, GO COOGS!

1 Like

Amen Brother! #GoCoogs

Realize that I, or someone else, start a thread for every single player on scholarship. I also start a walk-on thread for guys new to the roster and threads are started anytime someone does well or gets an award. I also report on any player I see doing training or doing good things.

The reason this thread was started was to consolidate Ed Oliver news so that it didn’t spam across tens of threads every time he was named to some watch list or Honor Roll. That way posters wouldn’t be inundated with Ed Oliver news and talk when they came to the board and other news could make its way through.

It’s funny that the subject of threads being closed is brought up in regards to Oliver considering most of those threads were opened with the intention of slamming the kid. If that discussion had happened in this thread (much like it does in Case’s thread), that discussion would probably be allowed as long as it didn’t cross the line. However, some posters in this board want to make a point and we have to reign it in at times. Sorry to those whose feelings we seem to hurt because we do our jobs.

In regards to the attacks on coaches, we allow a little more leeway, but not much more. Realize that Alfred was banned because he wouldn’t stop getting personal about CMA after being warned multiple times. We have also suspended and banned users that went over the lines with coaches and have shut down numerous threads in regards to our current OC that went over the line towards him and his father. You guys don’t always see it because we don’t advertise every single time we do something, but it does happen. Trust me, this football season got a bit crazy once the crap started hitting the fan. I’ll admit, I tended to have a quicker trigger finger than I’m used to, but things did start getting out of hand. I do apologize to those that I may have gotten a little “butt hurt” about (looking at you @Bear1132017, you caught me on a bad night…sorry about that).

However, we do miss things with the coaches and players sometimes. If you see something you don’t like, please flag it. We usually handle it pretty quickly when flagged. There’s only four of us moderating and we aren’t on here all the time so we don’t always see everything.

We do value your opinions; if we didn’t, we could easily ban you like other UH boards do, or lock this behind a paywall. That isn’t our goal as we do try to be a site for all Coog discussion and to try to spread UH info. We may not all agree, but we are all we got in the end.

Go Coogs!

8 Likes

Mr Patrick the issue I and only hand full of others have is if we come out and say or give honest opinion of a certain player etc we will get bullied or crucified bec we aren’t going with the consensus. Sure there are plenty others who have similar opinions/thoughts but lack self confidence or whatever you want to call it to give their honest opinion. I am very secure in my everyday life and fortunately have been able to have a very successful professional career after 35+ yrs of graduating from College. I say that only to say I don’t worry about any backlash bec I didn’t follow the " Ed can’t do no wrong wagon". I still strongly agree w Bear if your in the so called “Friends” group your treated different than us others. Just like the 5 or 6 hey lets hurry up and ‘Like’ pray10 comment he’ll protect us…pleassse. Not looking for friends here just looking to give Good thought out comments on my 50+ years of being loyal Coog follower & supporter. I have -0- issue with You, it’s some of the others who think we can’t think different from the norm. #GoCoogs

1 Like

Pray
I responded to your message and admire you for being the man you are. Personally, I can do a better job reigning in my emotions and or not call someone out. As I said in my message, we are probably all frustrated about our football program (specifically) but go about expressing that differently.
Go COOGS!

1 Like

@Jesse22, understood, and you’ve made some good points. I’ll try and do a better job of ensuring this doesn’t become an echo chamber of thoughts and that posters that don’t agree with the majority are made to feel welcome here.

@Bear1132017, I appreciate the kind words. Again, I’ll do my best to do a better job on here.

To both of you, and anyone else, please DM me if you want to discuss things about what I’m doing or what the board is doing. I always try to reply when I can and tend to think of myself as a fairly reasonable person. I would say that about any of the mods on here (@CoogFansAdmin, @Coogfans2ndAdmin, and @Fireman451). The more we get feedback, the better we can make this site and the better we can grow the Coog community.

2 Likes

I get what they’re saying, the number aren’t showing up, but double and triple teams don’t show up in the stats either. Still, he’ll have to impress some folks at the combine if he wants to go in the top 10.

Unlike others on this list, Oliver’s grading is still excellent. His 92.7 overall grade ranked third among all defensive tackles in the country, but it’s how that grade is comprised that’s concerning. Oliver has been one of the top run defenders in the country since the day he stepped on campus at Houston, but his pass-rushing prowess has never quite caught up. The projected top-10 pick has all of 25 pressures on the season. And that’s coming against a mostly favorable slate of AAC offensive linemen. Dre’Mont Jones (52), Jerry Tillery (50) and Quinnen Williams (48) have all vastly outpaced Oliver in the pressure department.

He also missed 4 games… that’s why his grade is good, but his total pressures aren’t… duh.

And played multiple triple option teams

Do they calculate being double and triple teamed in to this equation?

Who else that UH played 2018 ran triple option offense? The only 3 FBS schools that run true triple option currently is Army, Navy, Ga Tech.

Tulane is now I am pretty sure