Ed Oliver End Zone Banner Idea

What do you think about this for a 4’ by 8’ banner for the end zone upper deck - “Wipeout Party Hosted by No. 10 Ed Oliver” with a picture of Ed? Go Coogs! Eat Em Up!

lol neat but I prefer to see a Heisman run. :sunglasses:

No. Football is a team sport. Ed is great but there are 10 other guys working hard to make plays on the defense. And there is another 11 on the offense. Not counting all the other guys who contribute on special teams or in practice.

8 Likes

Heisman runs take a year of hype and a much better schedule than we have. Right now, hands down, Ed is the most recognizable player on the team nation wide. In fact, it might be his last year as a Coog, so we might as well hype him while he is here.

Incorrect. You have to be out of high school for 3 years to be draft eligible. Unless he’s gonna sit out a year before the draft (highly unlikely), we have him for two more years.

1 Like

Why would it be his last?

With his games against OU and Louisville a year ago it certainly sets the stage for Oliver to be a strong Lombardi candidate over the next two seasons. I like the idea of building up the 3rd Ward defense with Big Ed being the leader. but like someone said earlier, this is a team game and there are 11 key players on that side of the ball. If Ed plays the way most of us think he will, the honors and the money will come his way in two years…and I bet there will be a lot of No. 10 jerseys for sale when he signs his pro contract…

There will be a run on retired Andre Ware jerseys? Thread Police Out!

I don’t get it

Wrong Jersey number. Ed is 10. 11 is retired.

Are we supposed to know what a wipeout party is?

How about “The Third Ward Defense Welcomes You To The House of Pain.” I don’t think the Oilers will mind.

Now that the Lombardi award is no longer just for linemen, I wonder if it will also just go to the offensive guy with the glitziest stats.

1 Like

LOL

sarkcoog wrote - No. Football is a team sport. Ed is great but there are 10 other guys working hard to make plays on the defense. And there is another 11 on the offense. Not counting all the other guys who contribute on special teams or in practice.

I agree with sarkcoog it is a team sport

What would be better is a full house for every game cheering on a great defense and exciting offense. Say as loud as the Louisville game - That is hype enough.

3 Likes