Elite 8 at the least

I’ve watched this team all year long, and they’ve been laser-focused on the NCAA Tournament all year.

They’ve overcome so much already that I can’t imagine they won’t find a way to do so yet again now that we’ve finally gotten here.

Therefore, notwithstanding today’s loss, I’m feeling good about a run to the elite 8, at the very least, barring more injuries.

And if we make it to the Final 4, NOTHING will stop this team of warriors from winning it all.

Go Coogs!

11 Likes

Need to overcome some injuries, get healthy both mentally and physically and kick some *ss.

8 Likes

As long as we don’t shoot 20-25% we will get to the Sweet 16.

8 Likes

Although I hope the Coogs go all the way, I’m just not seeing it. Sweet 16 is doable but anything past that is pushing it. Depth is going to be an issue with Lath giving pretty much nothing. Not his fault though.

2 Likes

Need 7 healthy players and no foul trouble, and this team has a good chance at the final four. Iowa St won’t be in the same region

6 Likes

I feel good beyond sweet 16 because of the break between that game and the games the following weekend.

It’s that second game on the second weekend (a just a couple days later) that has me concerned the most.

But if we make it past that game to the Final 4 weekend, I believe this team will find a way to will itself to victory in the final 2 games.

Go Coogs!

5 Likes

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

8 Likes

Recency bias. While depth/injuries are clearly a legitimate concern, keep in mind this was game 3 in 3 days. At no point in the NCAA tournament will any team be required to do that.

7 Likes

Good point but ISU was in the same situation. I missed the game but the box score was not pretty. Hopefully, they get the rest they need and make a deep tourney run.

Yes, ISU was in the same situation, but without the injuries and with a home-ish crowd, which we all should know by this point impacts Big 12 officials. There is a reason we started settling for jumpers - part of it was the fact that no fouls were being called when we drove.

1 Like

https://www.coogfans.com/uploads/db5902/original/3X/b/3/b32d4471b0b48a8e1df4c5ca3af7da127949cda0.jpeg

given a brcaket like this, seems the coogs should make it to the final four, but if this were actually the bracket and UK was the elite 8 foe, its possible the coogs could lose. i’d give the coogs 100% chance of making it to the elite 8 and its 50/50 past that.

1 Like

All depends on Roberts health !!

4 Likes

We know the three bench guys aren’t coming back and we know the gutsy Roberts won’t be at 100%.
That said I think we can make noise with an 80% Roberts.
If he becomes a no go we are done probably in second round

2 Likes

On paper, there’s no reason that this team can’t go all the way. But we’ve seen in previous tournaments that the Coogs have a little bit of a tendency to run out of gas in either the Sweet 16 or Elite 8, and our current injuries and our performance last night don’t really make me confident this year will be different.

1 Like

That second round matchup with Nebraska or Florida would be tough. 2 very good offensive teams that are going to make our defense work hard. If that were the bracket, I’d be very tempted to pick McNeese to upset Kentucky.

If we don’t make at least the elite 8, that is multiple years we can essentially blame the stupid conf tournaments. In the future, we should throw the first conf tournamemt game if a bid is locked up.

the officials had nothing to do with the game, Iowa state’s defense and shot making did

2 Likes

We played remarkably for two games. We looked like national title contenders for two games. We didn’t for the 3rd because we don’t have depth.

You only play two games a weekend here on out.

4 Likes

I am happy with wherever we end up. This season has been magical. Who would have thought that we will end up with 1 seed after we lost Arceneaux and then we lost Tugler and Ramon.

3 Likes

We played one of the three best defenses in the country yesterday. Sampson will be doling out nuggets this week. He’ll tell them exactly why things went down like that. And they’ll not repeat it.

2 Likes