"Elmer Yuen on the latest on Xi house arrest I Who will head CCP? I Is Kissinger getting involved?"

Can you reconcile those two statements?

And if Russia is an enemy to the West in Europe, are they not an enemy to us? They also are aligned with China. It sure seems like Russia is our enemy.

1 Like

Uhhhh…I think we viewed China more as a competitor than a threat back during my military career.

I would say that we acknowledged that they might be a threat to certain US allies and partners though. Some of our Indo-Pacific allies and partners certainly saw them as such.

1 Like

Nobody has been asleep the last 30 years, though the opacity of China and Russia decision-making processes have led to some inconclusive assumptions and mistaken predictions.

Because we aren’t being told doesn’t mean we don’t have contingency plans for NATO and whatever happens in the South China Sea (China’s zone of influence).

If you asked the avg American who was the biggest threat to the US? What do you think they would answer?

I stand corrected and pleased to see that Americans view china as the biggest threat.