Email to Applewhite from D’Onofrio

I don’t swear to Lord Our Savior.

3 Likes

Then you probably shouldn’t dance around it.

1 Like

Plus, I was dog piling on your spelling

It gets frustrating having to witness Head Coach OJT time and again.

It Applewhite sticks with D’Onofrio and the season goes to hell. Yes Applewhite and D’onofrio need get fired!!! Briles needs to be the head coach and bring in a proven DC to the job.

1 Like

Great, another Head Coach OJT.

Makes no sense to me. We are the type of program who should be able to hire a quality, EMPLOYED, DC from another program.

Head coaches have all sorts of connections usually; Applewhite is new so he has to build his contacts, but still considering his relationship with Mack Brown you’d think he’d have several good candidates before having to resort to an iPhone email type of coach.

1 Like

I find it curious you think Briles would make a great head coach. He is a great offensive coordinator, IMHO, but it would be OJT again if he were promoted to HC, and we would still need to replace ’Onofrio and find another OC . . . . .

He hire D’Onofrio on the recommendation of Todd Orlando.

1 Like

Us Miami fans did try to warn you not to hire that bum Dorito.

7 Likes

Well that makes sense :grimacing:

I think NoD can still turn it around. He’s not working with his own guys yet, and the ILB play has been very crisp - which is his responsibility as a position coach. I can see the potential there. The fellas just need to get out there and execute.

This. All day this. When CMA was hiring we were a year off of a NY6 bowl win that saw a nasty defense shut down Dalvin Cook, you get Ed Freaking Oliver for 2 more years, 1st round NFL Draft Pick, other NFLers, Jack Boyz, 3rd Ward Defense, Gibbs and Orlando laid a great foundation both now at B12 schools and we get rec league guy. Seriously. Look at Johnson and CKB resume coming into OC. Both of them no comparison to CMD. Orlando suggested him that’s nice CMA should have looked him up, yeah no thanks, and called Saban or Mack for better suggestions.

CTO and CMA both must not think much of our program. People who want to get back into coaching can go to UTEP.