Emanuel Sharp in the building and in uniform

See Sasser from last year to this year… Coach will make sure he’s in BETTER shape than he already is… You won’t get on Penick Court if you’re out of shape…

Geez Sharp should be a senior in high school and is coming off an injury.
If he is out of shape it isn’t by much. Looking at Walker and Edwards as they are not skin and bones.
Sharp is going to be very good here and he will get his share of time in the weight room. He’s gonna be a monster here

3 Likes

Hard to believe I’m about to say this.

Old Man Shead will be his mentor.

They pass by us so fast.

4 Likes

I’d rather see positive items mentioned over and over than the hatred for Tune and CDH . . . . .

1 Like

This is the basketball board.

3 Likes

Such is life with the wisdom of time.

The NCAA is meeting tomorrow to consider a rule change to allow teams to let a player appear in up to four games this season and still redshirt.

This would allow Sharp to play in the next few games while the team waits for Shead to return. There’s no way Sharp would play under normal circumstances, but with Shead’s injury and potentially no redshirt concerns maybe this changes the thought process.

3 Likes

That would be an excellent rule change. However, I’m not convinced that the redshirt rule is keeping Sharp out of games. Rather, it seems more like part of the CKS culture which includes paying your dues and earning your minutes.

2 Likes

If you have no more french fries at the bottom of the bag, all options should be on the table

1 Like

Coach Sampson said in a recent interview he hasn’t seen anything from Sharp yet, and that Sharp is spending a lot of his time working with John Houston, which makes me think that Sharp isn’t yet recovered from his injury and cleared to play.

2 Likes

Considering all the injuries, he can’t be spending THAT much time with Sharp. There are only so many hours in a day.

Plus it is doubtful he is in playing shape quite yet since he hasn’t played in awhile…

fwiw, the ncaa denied the A-10’s request for a redshirt rule change.

Sampson said in last interview that Sharp will not see the floor.

Sharp has been with training and strength staffs prior to getting on the court. Great to see him with the team.

He actually showed up to his first training camp overweight and Moses Malone read him the riot act and stayed on him constantly to get in better shape or he would be out of the league in 2yrs. This left such an impression on Barkley that he referred to Moses as Dad for the rest of Moses life.

The first time I remember seeing Barkley was against the Kentucky twin towers and I was like who is this fat kid playing and he was dominating and people said if he got down to 250lbs he would be illegal. Barkley was an amazing player The Athletic has been ranking the NBA top 75 list that just came out and they had Barkley at #22 all time.

1 Like