ESPN Commercial - UH Mascot

In case you missed it, there has been an ESPN Commercial airing for the past couple of weeks which starts out with the Clemson football team running on the field and ends with the Notre Dame mascot, but in between there is a split second appearance of the UH Cougar mascot wearing a Houston #18 jersey. It took me several attempts to stop the split second appearance from my television, but I managed to do so; unfortunately, I don’t know how to post the picture from my iPhone.

4 Likes

Here ya go

6 Likes

If you haven’t seen it (and I hadn’t) you can find it here:
https://thebiglead.com/2019/08/27/espn-college-football-commercial-peter-berg/

Shasta shows up at about :30 seconds in

3 Likes

As far as I could tell we are the only non-power 5 school in the commercial. Subliminal advertising to get people thinking of us as power 5 for when we change conferences.

6 Likes

You might be onto something…I personally do not believe in coincidence…:smiley:

3 Likes

I think UCF in there too

2 Likes

I thinkl I saw SMU’s mascot

2 Likes

Dollar bills?

2 Likes

I have watched the ad several times and though you may catch a glimpse of other G5s, our Cougar was very prominent, front and center, and filled the frame. We received as much air time as any P5 not named Clemson, Alabama, or Notre Dame.

1 Like

Ummm…no. I believe it is only YOU that is thinking waaaay too much into this. You had the right idea, but the wrong reasoning. At the end of the day, it is merely just a commercial!

1 Like