ESPN deal with Texas

Take a look. Make of it what you will.

It obfuscates the initial statements that the media deal was not changed. UT didn’t get a share of the media deal but did get the equivalent payment.

The one who should be howling is OU but they were always a wallflower with no attraction on their own

1 Like

Don’t get it twisted. UT is the little sister to OU. Not the other way around.

On the field. But no one wanted OU. UT was the prize.

No one wanted OU? Really? I disagree. They may have wanted ut more but OU is just as big of a brand.

OU’s president had to come out and pound his chest saying OU was not a wallflower when the pac deal collapsed because UT bowed out. Nobody wanted OU without UT

I know Texas is a much bigger brand than Oklahoma in college football, but for the record, Texas has four national championships in football. Oklahoma has seven national championships. Oklahoma is a worthy add to the SEC.

No argument there that OU has more success. But when the president of OU has to beg and then try to assure the stakeholders that they aren’t wallflowers, then it’s obvious that OU wasn’t wanted without UT.

I will say, prior to the move to the SEC, OU was pretty upfront about trying to leave the Big 12. Weren’t they the ones pushing to go to the PAC?

I’m told that Texas really struggled trying to decide whether to stay in the B12 or move to the SEC. The sticking point for Texas was they did not want to abandon long-standing rivalries with Texas schools and leave them out in the cold.

And yes, of course I’m joking…

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

:laughing:

2 Likes