Everyone had a heroic moment

One of the great things about last night’s game is that every single player–down to the last man–made a contribution. I can’t ever remember that happening.

When Javier fouled out, he had tears in his eyes. I know he felt like he let the team down. But when he was able to stay on the court, he did such a great job at protecting the rim.

Lath walled up a guy or two and took away easy layups.

Sharp was red-hot. And the steal, dive and save he made late in the game was outstanding.

Roberts was a warrior.

Cryer hit some huge shots. With our foul trouble inside, we couldn’t have won without both Sharp and Cryer having their A-games.

Shead…well, this may have been the most Shead game of all time.

Wilson had that outstanding cut to the basket with the reverse layup.

Dunn did his scoring in the first half to keep us in it.

We all know about Elvin coming in cold and hitting the free throw.

And Walker! That rebound and putback in OT was huge.

Total team win.

42 Likes

The true hero of the game was my blood pressure medicine.

19 Likes

I think Walker’s story is pretty amazing, He hardly played at all last year and most of us expected him to transfer… then he comes back this year and puts in quality minutes form the bench until he gets injured. Then, Inexplicably comes back when our bench is at is weakest and puts in quality minutes in the the tournament. If this were a Disney movie the climax will be Walker somehow becoming the protagonist in the NC game.

17 Likes

Well stated Jeff!

2 Likes

Rev,
The toughest Team won. Our Culture !
Go Coogs !

3 Likes

ELVIN!

3 Likes

That last 3 attempt in OT by Taylor. Felt like Reggie was on the floor…

5 Likes

Walkers put back and 2 rebounds were clutch. At that point in the game our only hope at scoring was Free Throws.

6 Likes

When Walker enters the game I get a sense of calm. I just know he’ll have a positive impact on the game.

4 Likes

MVP for most of us older Coogs.

1 Like