Ex Slaves talk about Slavery in the USA

Wealth distribution by race tells the story. A bit Painful to look at really.
It’s been posted before, so I won’t bother with doing it again, but it’s there for
the curious.

1 Like

Really? I’ve been hired by a black man not once, but twice. The company I work for now has 15,000 employees and the #2 guy in the pecking order who is being groomed to be the next CEO is black.

Your attitude is what I was referring to about crossing the line into blame America first. Systemic racism is a myth. that phrase used as a wedge to continue to divide this country. The left wants to divide everyone into the oppressors and the oppressed.

Are there still racist people in this country? Of course. Is that what is holding people back? No it is not.

1 Like

That’s highly debatable. If it’s a myth, explain highly disproportionate income, wealth, access, etc. levels across races. Either there is systemic racism or some races are just better. I don’t know how else to explain the clear deltas.

And anecdotes don’t prove otherwise. You need to look at the averages, not the extremes or one offs.

This isn’t a left vs. right issue for me. It’s look at the data and try to understand it. I don’t know how else to do it.

1 Like

With all due respect Mark, I don’t think it’s a myth at all. It’s hard to
see unless you look really hard. And it’s existence shouldn’t divide, but be a point
to unite us. It takes some reflection.

2 Likes

Happy for him like to see a lot more, your example is anectodal at best, it’s like seeing a white buffalo as your first buffalo and and only seeing that as the norm and thinking all buffalo are white. When the reality is just the opposite, and reality sets in once you see them by the millions stampeding across the great plains and 99.99999% of them are brown.

1 Like

Explain how we elected a black man president, twice.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. You use anecdotes (even if it’s a big one) to prove your point.

I’m not saying we are a racist nation. I’m not saying a black person can’t be wildly successful. They clearly can. I’ve also already said we are the best country in the history of the world. Obama being elected was a huge moment in this space. We’ve made great progress. It doesn’t mean systemic racism died that day.

Now your turn. How do you explain the numbers without anecdotes? As I mentioned, we have to explain the averages. The data is clear in this space. Why?

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2021.01394