Expectations for Holgorsen - Year 3 - Underdog Dynasty

I don’t think it was a joke but more of we can accept 8 and 4 but you need some 9 and 3 or 10 wins mixed in. Applewhite wasn’t the answer so we pulled the plug.

1 Like

I think that our Administration is dead serious about winning.

Thus Tillman’s $monetary commitment to Dana.

It is a certainty that Dana has to fulfill increased expectations in 2021.

This.

3 Likes

They DO get an extra year if they want it. .Early speculation is we have 6 or 7 seniors who will want to come back and play next year, too.

1 Like

Everybody is getting an extra year of eligibility

As we are already seeing, our best players are not taking an extra year

At the risk of getting pounded, I go ahead and say it. Next year will be like this year. Still testing 3-4 times a week, still having games cancelled and postponed. Hopefully we get to play more than this year but I’m not looking forward to a full season. Based on what the “experts” say on TV there will never be Pre-Covid normal again. Some “Dr” on TV the other day said even with the vaccine masks and distancing will still be necessary until EVERYONE is vaccinated, which ain’t gonna happen. Millions of people aren’t going to take it. I think sports may be ruined for ever.

OK, let me have it.

Hmm. Depressing first read of the day.

I think I’ll go have my coffee, stretch and prep for my 8:30 now.

On a serious note, wife was vaccinated yesterday, wearing mask, bought an in home gym, limiting trips to grocery store, Amazon EVERYTHING, remote church, remote work.

Was looking forward to having a normal pre-covid and uninterrupted football season, traveling again and actually having a summer.

1 Like

I’ve been in the camp of major mask wearing and steering away from all types of gatherings this year during the pandemic, but I’m even looking forward to next year’s football and basketball seasons. I plan on attending and will decide at that time whether to mask or not.

I’m not living like this from now on.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but that is fearmongering. Immunologists and epidemiologists have already stated that only 60-65% of the population needs to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity with an R-Factor of 3. The concern would be if the COVID mutates enough that the current vaccine becomes ineffective or the virus becomes more virulent. I pray that it won’t. I hope that if it mutates it becomes less virulent.

4 Likes

It sure sounds like they are trying to get us to live like this forever!!! I sure hope with the vaccine we can get back to normal, looking forward to attending sporting events again

1 Like

Yeah. From what I’ve read, the mutations are occurring because we are trying to kill it. The virus mutates to infect more people (nature does this), trying to stay alive, but in the process, so far, has become far less lethal (in the mutated form)…
Who knows…

1 Like

I would also credit medicine. We have gotten better at fighting it as we have understood how the virus works.

1 Like