Familiar Territory

When we lost back to back conference games many of you really freaked out….some of you were sure the critics were right about us, the step up in competition was too much….

I knew we would go on a nice run and guaranteed it.

Then we got our a$$ kicked by KU and that same group sh-t the bed again….We can’t compete with the top teams you said.

I knew we would go on another run and win the conference and said so.

This game was our third in three days and we were banged up.
We were playing in a hostile environment.
And say what you want but when you have a #1 seed locked up it’s in the back of your mind.
These guys wanted to win but they also knew this was not the one that matters most.

It’s time to head home, hit the trainer’s room and get some treatments….then put the sweats on and gather as a team tomorrow evening to watch the selection show together.

The coaches will burn the midnight oil and have at least basic game plans on three different teams by Monday.

CKS and the rest of the coaches will say the things they need to say, and they will work on the things they need to work on….
The team will be prepared better than any other team in the country and be amped up to start the journey.

By Sunday evening CKS and the other coaches will be preparing for another three teams.

I’m going to enjoy the rest of my evening and weekend knowing the Coogs will respond like they always do.

17 Likes

Yeah, a lot of overreaction happening here. We’re just tired, 3 games in 3 days with a depleted roster will do that. Hopefully we can rest up for the tournament ready to go. Gotta hit our shots though, a shooting night like tonight won’t cut it

9 Likes

30-4, Big 12 regular season champs, will probably be ranked #2 to end the season. People forget 1994-2014

15 Likes

Yep. We have 5-6 days rest until the next game. 3 games in 3 days for a partial roster is brutal.

3 Likes

2 games in 3 days going forward sounds glorious.

6 Likes

I watched the UCLA-vs UH semi-final game years ago. All of it. It was a disaster but that’s what happens when you can’t make shots and your opponent is REALLY up for the game and starts to make all their shots. As Coach would say, it’s a loss, learn from it and move on.
Looking forward to seeing this team and what we can do in the NCAAT.

We’re short handed due to injuries. Hope we can somehow win in the Dance. Just concerned we don’t have enough in the rotation. Dunn is a WTF. Sharp looked lost tonight. Wilson, we’ll see.

1 Like

Meanwhile UNC is about to lose by double digits to the equivalent of Kansas State…

3 Likes

Turned it off when we went down by about 25ish and watched Johnny Dangerously. My wife had never seen it. What an amazingly funny movie!

1 Like

Farggin Iceholes!

Keaton is a national treasure.

3 Likes

This.

My problem is not that we don’t have talent, but that we have 5 guys on the bench who never see the court. Why? If they are that bad, then why do they have scholarships? Is it to meet graduation requirements?

:man_shrugging:t4:

Who are the five guys on the bench with scholarships not seeing playing time?

1 Like

He clearly doesn’t watch UH or college basketball very much. So predictable that the casuals come out when we have a bad game.

5 Likes

Lath got very little floor time until Jo Jo went down.
Dunn got very few minutes early on.
Wilson played very few minutes for a long time.

Lath was a surprise, as was Wilson, in my opinion. Dunn did not live up to expectations, but did contribute some serviceable minutes. TA went down, Jo Jo went down, Ramon Walker went down. The rest of the understudies (Jefferson & McFarland) were not expected to contribute this year. The starters were depleted by knee and hand injurie (Roberts) hand (Sharp) knee (Shead) leaving Cryer and foul guy (Francis) to carry the load. (Francis did a fine job with evreything he was asked to , , , , , As did the entire team. They surpassed most everyones expectations, with maybe the coaching staff. Hail to the Cougars. I have, so far, really enjoyed this basketball season, and look forward to a few more games.
Four very emotional games in 7 days was, obviously, more that the depleted Coogs could deal with.

1 Like

Calm down Mr. Mom

Watch every UH basketball game, so sorry, but thanks for playing.

If they don’t have scholarships, okay. But are they just not usable? Then why are they on the team? It is not an unreasonable question.

In my line of work, if I have an associate with no billings, and if we are busy with work, someone is going to ask why they are not being utilized.

Also good things lie in wait… Duke in S16 and some payback from 2018 vs Kentucky in the E8. We’ll soundly forget all about the unpleasantness in KC if they do get through

The five guys on the bench are 3 injured TA, Ramon, and Jojo. The other two are the redshirts McFarland and Jefferson. It’s going to be a fair debate going forward if the redshirts should’ve come off to bolster the depth and maybe get some contributions.

But that’s going to be a debate of hindsight most likely. Those redshirts I’m 99.6% sure will be staying on. If they come off we’re probably boned anyways.