Fan Baseball Experience

RV’s , cars, trucks, canopies, lots of beer, etc……in the parking lot behind right field.

4 Likes

Basically like Robertson from the last Briles years through Sumlin.

2 Likes

Every Saturday home game was one heck of a party day! BBQ pits, Beer Kegs, Music…a total blast of a time. BIG crowds out there having a great time for hours before and after the game.

4 Likes

And if you stayed a couple of innings after the game started You might find a Coog homerun ball roll right up to you.

UH needs to turn the old UH lockeroom into a legitimate concession stand like would find in TDECU. They have those two little ones that make it hard to offer choices in concessions. If turn the old lockeroom into a concession stand than can do more because can fit in more cooking appliances like fryers, grills, and such. Keep the other two concessions for hot dogs, popcorn, beer, and soda. Then have the big concessions stand for burgers, friea, and other higher up items.

3 Likes

As an added bonus, fans would really feel like they’re part of the game, since those old locker room smells would go along with the hot dogs. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A few weeks ago on a Friday I ordered a Coke Zero. When I got to my seat it was clearly root beer. They apologized, and said to go to the other stand. That’s okay, mistakes happen.

However, the next night I specifically asked, “Do you have Coke Zero? Last night it was root beer. I don’t mind going to the next stand if I have to.”

They assured me that it was fixed. It clearly wasn’t. When I brought it to their attention, I didn’t even get an apology. Just, “Well it says Coke Zero. That’s not MY fault that it’s wrong.”

I’m diabetic, so if the mistake was made with regular Coke, I wouldn’t be able to tell much of a difference until my blood sugar skyrocketed.

Today, things got even worse. Apparently, hot dog prices went up without warning. They’re now like $7.25 or something? The price board still says $5. When I brought this to their attention, again, not even an apology for the confusion, just “Well, it’s not.”

I didn’t think it could get worse than Aramark, but somehow it is.

5 Likes

Dear Lord! That’s awful. I understand that college kids serving other college kids is loosey goosey but when you’re serving your boosters you need to have at least a bit of customer service.

Dear Pez,
Get the “don’t care’s outa the concession stand!

4 Likes

Students don’t work the concessions there.

3 Likes

The last two games I was there it looked like a student type person. I guess I just assumed.

1 Like

Well at what I’ve noticed. But I can say concessions has been… Eh. Stuff happens

Mostly it’s students in intern spots but who knows.

I hope you folks are letting the AD (copy to the Prez) know about all of this.

1 Like

I basically copied this from an email to the AD, as well as my season ticket rep.

1 Like

Yea. This is going to come as a shock to most college kids but not giving a #% in a customer service job is unacceptable. If a poor kid working in a McDonalds in Pasadena can smile and get an order right then a college student or PT’er at UH should sure be capable of it.

If that is too taxing on the scholarly individual then they should find other ways to spend their time where they aren’t embarrassing themselves and the school.

Dear Pez, recruit your concessions people at Whataburger. They seem to get things right most times.

5 Likes

Or chic fil a.