Fireworks Beginning the 4th Quarter

I think this is a BYU ism. When BYU first came to the league you had tons of other team’s media blown away by the production between third and fourth quarters. Since then, K state, Baylor, and others have added things to the third to fourth quarter break.

It keeps people in their seats until that break even when you are blowing teams out because we want to see the knife dancers, flag fireworks, drones, do the y clap, sway to power, and everything else. It is an experience.

I hope Houston continues it and uses it to get more people there.

Edit: @RezClone am I off base?

https://x.com/firedupcoug/status/1974343053826801881?s=46

2 Likes

this is baylor’s after 3rd qtr show

2 Likes

https://x.com/LockdownAkaHall/status/2106935106644455430?s=20

Here is Arizona’s

1 Like

Didn’t like the placement and positioning inside the stadium, smoke drifted directly toward Houston’s bench seconds before they went in for a play. Plus we had a QB who was sick as a dog.

Fireworks inside the stadium den is stupid in my opinion. Plus it’s lawsuits waiting to happen if someone screws up.

Well we have M-80’s.

3 Likes

I’d say, so far what is missing most from our fireworks, is darkness. It really ramps up the majesty.

4 Likes

True. Yeah that’s a good point. Hard to have light shows of any kind during day games.

The teams out west are significantly more likely to have kick times with a conducive backdrop for that, seems like.

2 Likes