Fireworks Beginning the 4th Quarter

I’m still trying to decide if I like having fireworks on the field between the 3rd and 4th quarters. Part of me thinks it is an attempt to generate excitement that goes overboard. It leaves a smoke haze in the stadium for a few minutes. After the game makes more sense.

On the other hand, maybe it jacked up the team to go on a 13-0 run in the 4th quarter.

Final verdict: Keep the fireworks.

6 Likes

A large chunk of folks have left mid 4th quarter so if money is going to be spent on fireworks then do it while there’s still folks around to see them.

They brought back memories of elementary school cap guns with the smell.

3 Likes

Very many schools make a point of putting on a show at the end of the third quarter to get fans hyped for the fourth. If anything, do it postgame too, but for a modern P4 college gameday, doing something between the third and fourth quarters is basically table stakes.

5 Likes

Keeper. If we ever get real lights then that will be part of the show also.
Subliminally it should become something you look forward to see and don’t want to miss.

7 Likes

I actually liked it - it was during a long TV timeout and the smoke was gone before the next play

7 Likes

i really liked them, they just need to be deeper red, it looked almost pink

4 Likes

I liked it. But it seemed, after the scoreboard clip
Of Case highlights, team caught fire.

2 Likes

The idea is fine. I think the execution yesterday was busted. There didn’t seem to be any choreography between the scoreboard fireworks, the roll-out boxes and the music. It was just a bunch of noise and smoke.

2 Likes

We need to do drone shows.

2 Likes

My son asked if it was for breast cancer awareness

4 Likes

When it happened, I was worried it wouldnt be clear for the restart. There was hardly any wind, thankfully it did dissipate in time

image

4 Likes

Wow! No disrespect , can anyone appreciate their effort. I liked it. A bit of change

I liked them, worked especially well for the comeback game

1 Like

I assure you Chris there was a good wind blowing north to south because it was blowing it right at us. Saying that, I didn’t have any issues with it.

This isn’t tee-ball. :laughing:

1 Like

They shoulda been blue.

Scared New York Yankees GIF by YES Network

7 Likes

thats a big negative, they need to burn all the blue jerseys, I hate em.
They need to incorporate the band with the fireworks. forget about house music with them.

3 Likes

I liked it. I’d say: keep

3 Likes

I assumed the contract for the fireworks and the special helmets were signed when we were believing (or hoping) we’d have a night game. Just a guess.

1 Like

I liked it. i actually went to a Baylor’s home opener against Prairie View earlier in the year and they did a Light show” after the 3rd quarter. They turned the lights out. told fans to turn their camera lights on and did a fireworks and led light show while playing some hype music. I enjoyed it and thought to myself We should do something similar. The game was at night of course