First commit of 22 is in

He gone!!! Why would A&M offer a 3 star player when they can get 4 or 5 star players?

1 Like

He impressed them enough while at their camp to get a offer

What do you mean my dollars?

Edit: so every kid being approached by the Coogs n doesn’t commit but does commit w P5 was shown some $$. That’s hilarious & humorous!

2 Likes

Geez
.just maybe CDH and staff can recognize/potential early? Who woulda thunk it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if they don’t actually make it to campus?

4 Likes

But it makes me feel better about those who do.

1 Like

Gotta keep them. Only way to climb the ladder. I will never think you can just live off the portal. Too much rubbish involved and will they fit in .

1 Like

The portal is here to stay, but my opinion is that if you live by the portal you will die by the portal. Similar idea as going heavy JUCO to me. Again JMO.

2 Likes

Basically my opinion also. If the recruiting doesn’t step up asap they will stay middle of Standings in AAC. And I sure don’t put all this on CDH, but he wears the Top Hat n will take most of the heat. But the people around him have to be strong and on these potential recruits in most positive way possible. Doesn’t help one bit when a few coaches bailed on him this off-season after committing to the program. Need some consistency from coaching standpoint also imo.

You did see that it was a$m
right.

The second most penalized school in the state of Texas
they aren’t paying the swimmers !

1 Like

I do not understand why people are blaming coaches etc. The young man committed to UH as I understand. Then, according to his own posts, he decided to go to ATM after some visits. Man, the onus is on that misguided young man. He should’ve stayed with the Coogs! Not the coach’s fault. Jeez. I hope he likes College Station. I know I don’t. I just don’t understand half of the posts here. Bizarre.

2 Likes

I can see where kids may be starstruck when
they visit these larger programs. When Derek was invited to TAMU under Sumlin, they rolled out the red carpet. Give you the VIP treatment and all of that. It can be very intimidating. Derek was only 16 and it was overwhelming. They will tell you anything to get your interest in their program and commit.

2 Likes

Whatever. Kids leave camp
 you get a hundred, you get a hundred, you

1994 was last time A&M received any severe punishment where it was found Boosters arranged jobs for athletes when job was not really there.
Just gets old when almost every post you make you try to connect $$ as reason someone else is successful.

A$M is $EC. Their motto is “Iffen you aint cheeten, you aint tryen.” https://media.giphy.com/media/20vFnUr6HH0aKXFl8I/giphy.gif

1 Like

Crazy what winning will do
 everyone is slobbing all over CKS NOW, after his first couple years half the people wanted him fired.

No one wanted CKS fired. And even if you find 1 or 2, it definitely wasn’t half. Stop with that foolishness.

It also only took CKS 2 years to win 20 games. And having us in the NIT. After taking over one of the worst programs in all of college basketball.

8 Likes

Yeah half is exaggerating it but there where plenty who weren’t on board with him at first
point is winning cures all ills. CDH reels off couple of winning season and you’ll see the same

2 Likes

I also haven’t found many people that want CDH fired. But people questioning the job he has done so far is fair.

Ole thks for letting me know Oldtime. Tell me more :roll_eyes:. A&M better step up their pay then bc up till last year they’ve been middle of the pack in SEC. I can use common sense and know things are probably not always on the up/up w/ the upper echelon teams in NCAA. But to sit there n say a CB that was committed to Coogs, went to Aggie camp n the only reason he decommitted was due to A&M giving him $$$$, plsss. Who knows where he will commit. As Mrs Twinmom said it best, these players can be starstruck when they go visit the taj mahals of CFB, I’m sure it’s overwhelming n then they tell them you can play in front of 100k fans or 25k, you better believe they mention it. Plus all the other facilities
 top of the line. It’s not always abt slipping a recruit few hundreds
way bigger than that.